HEALTH SHERPA, Renewing Coverage

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Clicked Access, looked up 2016.

Completed application using life change.

End of app, got eligibility.

Clicked enroll, sent back to Sherpa.

Now, how you choose a new plan?

You choose the plan before you ever hc.gov. no need for a life event being that January 1st is the only effective date regardless of a life event or open enrollment.

You're both correct.

Pick plan at WBE
Find 2016 app if created by FFM already.
Do Life Change

----------

from HHS slides:

If a consumer has enrolled in coverage through an FFM for 2015, an agent or broker may not need to create a new application.
•Prior to assisting a consumer, the agent or broker should determine whether the consumer has an existing application to avoid creating more than one application for the same consumer.
•There are three steps an agent or broker should take to prevent creating a new application unnecessarily:
–First, select “Look Up Application” from the HealthCare.gov main agent/broker landing page and enter the consumer’s information to see if he or she has an existing 2016 application.
oIf an application exists for plan year 2016, it will be pre-populated using information from the consumer’s plan year 2015 application.
oAt this time, the agent or broker should move the consumer through “Report a Life Change” to make updates and confirm information.
Note: While an agent or broker can select “Look Up Application” to find a consumer’s 2015 application, the agent or broker will not be able to pre-populate a 2016 application from that flow.

Second, if the consumer had coverage through an FFM for plan year 2015 and a plan year 2016 application is not found by selecting “Look Up Application,” then the agent or broker should go back to the main agent/broker landing page and select “Start Application” to search for the consumer’s existing 2015 application to start a pre-populated 2016 application.
Third, the agent or broker should start a new application if he or she confirms that the consumer does not have an existing plan year 2015 or plan year 2016 application.

Pick new plan on sherpa. Go to marketplace and find the app you just created or updated. Redirect back to Sherpa and click enroll.

Ok, a bit slow on the flow. So, I start a whole new enrollment on Sherpa, get estimated subsidy, blah blah, go through ACCESS, complete the preloaded 16 application, leave that alone when the actual subsidy eligibility report is done. Go back to Sherpa, click enroll, does this link up to the already finished app with the eligibility report?

Ok, a bit slow on the flow. So, I start a whole new enrollment on Sherpa, get estimated subsidy, blah blah, go through ACCESS, complete the preloaded 16 application, leave that alone when the actual subsidy eligibility report is done. Go back to Sherpa, click enroll, does this link up to the already finished app with the eligibility report?

When you get to hc.gov search for 2016 app since you already updated the 2015 app And click on it and then click return to enrollment website and finish.

Why would I update the 2015 app?

So, I ACCESS H.gov through the ACCESS button, find the 2016 app... do nothing... just return to enrollment site?

Ok, so I return to enrollment site... what now. There is nothing indicating a new enrollment process is ready to take place for this client.

Don't use the ACCESS button.

Pick a Plan....and follow your nose.

YAgents told you exactly how to do it (above).

Then find and "Choose Plan" button.
Redirects to HC.gov, log in using broker username/password to HC.gov

Use "Look Up" to search for 16' app pre-created (this is the case if the plan was not being terminated, and was being mapped to new plan) (Plan terminations seem to not have 16' pre loaded app). If found, use "Life change" button on left side.

If no 16' app found

then, use "Start Application" to look up 15' app. If found, then update it (I believe)

Back