Healthcare.gov---pitching Exsisting Insureds?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just got off the phone with a buddy who sells aca plans. He's got a few hundred on the books, but he said; "i can't believe that healthcare.gov is calling my clients and asking them if they want to sign up for next year!"

I'M not talking about renewing their existing plans, i'm talking about signing them up with a new carrier (as some have left this market). AND he's the agent of record in their system!

???

Anyone else hear or experience this?

And your buddy gave up his rights to his computers and the government can come and inspect his computer systems without a warrant... if the government decides to

FORE!
Our current POTUS and HHS does not care about us agents.
If they did care they would be fighting for our compensation and stopping the behavior of some Navigators. But they are very concerned about global warming and the next dinner party they will host. Retired potus gets $180,000 yr for life! And his health insurance paid for...

Last edited:
Yes I have heard of this Behavior but I have read about it happening to other agents in this forum

Client buys OFF market plan for 2017. high income. $0 commission.
We go back door thru agent portal to terminate ON market 2016 policy.
Unable to do so. Error message. Client calls HC.gov to assist.

HC.gov rep:

"Can't terminate plan because agent opened the app."
"Agents do this only to make a commission" (cancelling a policy....huh?)
"Agent is committing fraud."
"you must now pay your new carrier bill for 2017 marketplace plan or be sent to collections"

No joke. Just happened. Client freaks out. You can't win. These reps need to back off, we're all on the same team....so I thought.

HC.gov rep:

"you must now pay your new carrier bill for 2017 marketplace plan or be sent to collections"

Sorry for your pain, Yagents, but this is really funny.

"Agent is making a commission by cancelling a policy." Wow! How does that work?

"You must now pay your new carrier bill for 2017 marketplace plan or be sent to collections". Hahahaha. Sent to collections for not paying the initial premium on a plan that healthcare.gov mapped you to!!??!

What? I just signed up to join the exchange, maybe I shouldn't, then again, most people want to be on the exchange plan to get their subsidy or whatever.

Client buys OFF market plan for 2017. high income. $0 commission.
We go back door thru agent portal to terminate ON market 2016 policy.
Unable to do so. Error message. Client calls HC.gov to assist.

HC.gov rep:

No joke. Just happened. Client freaks out. You can't win. These reps need to back off, we're all on the same team....so I thought.

Wat Da?
  • -Are these just off the cuff remarks made by hc.gov?
  • -Did you charge a consultation fee (is that why you did the 2017 apl,for free?)
  • -IF you signed up the client for 2017, why is hc.gov telling your client to pay 2017 bill?
Whole thing sounds weird!

Thanks Y!

Back