Healthcare.gov Replacements/changes

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
Help me out pros- this is the first year that I will be moving clients around on the exchange. Previously, I have just written new business through The Sherp.

How are you making changes to clients coming to you after they have created an account on .gov and want to change their current plan, purchased on .gov? Do you make them sign in and adjust/add your NPN? Can you start over on Sherpa?

What's the most efficient way of handling this? My phone is ringing off the hook, since our Co-op failed. Lot's of members floating in the wind, needing hands on help.

Help me out pros- this is the first year that I will be moving clients around on the exchange. Previously, I have just written new business through The Sherp.

How are you making changes to clients coming to you after they have created an account on .gov and want to change their current plan, purchased on .gov? Do you make them sign in and adjust/add your NPN? Can you start over on Sherpa?

What's the most efficient way of handling this? My phone is ringing off the hook, since our Co-op failed. Lot's of members floating in the wind, needing hands on help.

I'm re-writing on Sherpa. I will pay the $10 to never, ever deal with hc.gov again

BUT...I'm doing this for me. There are other agents, with a far larger book than I who are going to do whatever is the most economical. I want to deal with one place and have all my clients listed in one place. Also, if we get to the point where we can't take all the incoming calls, then you can shoot them an email with a link.

I'm new to health Sherpa. Do they only have on exchange plans? That's the only ones I can find on there

Chaz........yes, ON only.

Cindy, in that scenario where they already have set up an HC.gov account. Go in, "download" the 2015 app # in their account. Then do an active renewal on HC.gov, and it will cancel old app. Or, you could use sherpa, then cancel 15' app back door. Or HC.gov cancel 15' app, then upload 16' app.

Who knows. We have no communication on this from the WBE's.

Chaz........yes, ON only.

Cindy, in that scenario where they already have set up an HC.gov account. Go in, "download" the 2015 app # in their account. Then do an active renewal on HC.gov, and it will cancel old app. Or, you could use sherpa, then cancel 15' app back door. Or HC.gov cancel 15' app, then upload 16' app.

Who knows. We have no communication on this from the WBE's.

In some Regtap, the answer was that the WBE's had to find the 2015 app and update the info. The goal is to not have multiple applications on the same person.

I'm with KG- I would rather pay to avoid .gov. The sherp has been awesome and well worth the money. I may email Ning and see what he has to say. Crossing my fingers that the new will kick out the old and away we go.

I'm with KG- I would rather pay to avoid .gov. The sherp has been awesome and well worth the money. I may email Ning and see what he has to say. Crossing my fingers that the new will kick out the old and away we go.

Good luck with Ning getting back with you, Sherpas customer service is the worst. And I see they are trying to sign up agents?? Lol. Who would you call on commission hick ups, new states etc. go ahead, call them and let me know where's Waldo ....

I can second that. Sherpa is awful.

You're a freakin tool.

You can't site an instance when they're site actually didn't work the way you wanted to. HealthSherpa is an enrollment platform, NOT an FMO. Neither is ACAExpress. You really need to do a little research.

Its pretty obvious this is your 1st year in insurance, you might wanna work on your lead base, or find an FMO that will provide you with some. Then use HealthSherpa to enroll your leads...

If I'm a tool you are an ***. Healthsherpa is an FMO. Who do you think is supposed to be getting me contracted and has finally gotten me contracted and appointed as a subagent with 1 of 5 companies? Not to mention sending me emails congratulating me on getting appointed then 3 months later saying oh no, we lied. I think you need to look at their website again. They do the contracting, otherwise you pay to use their platform just like you do with ACAExpress. I wish that someone had come on here and told people their experiences with the contracting with these idiots. I could have gone and got my own contracts and then used their "great" platform. Instead here it is 2 weeks before start of aep and I have to get 4 of the 5 contracts on my own after handing them all my contracting information in JUNE. If this is representative of how they do business I really am a tool if I continue to use them.

Back