HealthNet group question

MovingUp

A government employee has HealthNet ppo coverage. They have a daughter that primarily lives in Idaho with her mother, however the employee (dad) is in AZ. We do a search for providers in Idaho, HealthNet doesn't show they even have a network in Idaho. Because it's a group plan, the daughter is automatically in network in Idaho?? Any thoughts?

A government employee has HealthNet ppo coverage. They have a daughter that primarily lives in Idaho with her mother, however the employee (dad) is in AZ. We do a search for providers in Idaho, HealthNet doesn't show they even have a network in Idaho. Because it's a group plan, the daughter is automatically in network in Idaho?? Any thoughts?

Health Net only operates in a handful of states and has no, as far as I know, Health Net network reciprocation even in the different states in which they operate.

But, the have added First Health as their nationwide access provider for in-network services (kind of like Blue Card but with a private company as opposed to association).

She would need to get access through First Health in Idaho to be considered "in network". Please have him verify this with his health net to to make sure.

They are at First Health: Welcome to our Website

Dave

LOL! I was looking at the first health site and it turns out to be owned by Coventry which I know many other gurus on this board use (they are not here in CA).

Problem with being a guru is I can't get Rick "Greensky" to invite me down for a lunch in SoCal :D

Dave

LOL! I was looking at the first health site and it turns out to be owned by Coventry which I know many other gurus on this board use (they are not here in CA).

Problem with being a guru is I can't get Rick "Greensky" to invite me down for a lunch in SoCal :D

Dave
Jesus! I make the offer to one guy and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Okay, Dave. Lunch is on me. Let me know when you want to come down to the hot, smoggy part of California.

Rick

owned by Coventry which I know many other gurus on this board use (they are not here in CA).

And this is strange because Coventry recently opened a large computer center in West Sacramento (a city on its own... right next to 'regular' Sacramento) and are looking to hire programmers, analysts, etc. They called me (from an old list) a while back asking if I wanted a job and get back in the IT biz. (Yeah right... because I want to wedded to a pager, a walkie-talkie, and a cell-phone again!) So maybe they are looking to make a run at CA?

Al

Jesus! I make the offer to one guy and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Okay, Dave. Lunch is on me. Let me know when you want to come down to the hot, smoggy part of California.

Rick

LOL I was just kidding but when I do come down there I will buy you lunch - you have to drive though!

Dave

Back