Healthnet Wants Their Overpayment Back

PhxSunsFan

Guru
Got a letter from HN today. Seems they overpaid with Cal Medi connect plan. They say that they overpaid 7600 and can work out a payment plan. Normally. I get 400.00 monthly from HN. With no money to repay the full amount, how far out can I stretch out the repayments?

thanks for the link,, ( ddint see it before my post)

Noone mentions how to negotiate a repayment plan.. how many months have agents been able to get to repay.. 7600::?

Noone mentions how to negotiate a repayment plan.. how many months have agents been able to get to repay.. 7600::?

Most companies want to be paid back within a year when you set up payment arrangements with them.

I thought they would just take all your renewals until the debt is paid. So 7600/400 = around 19 months if you don't lose anybody. You probably won't write any new biz with them since it would all go towards the repayment. I don't know of any companies aggressively seeking repayment but it could happen.

I thought they would just take all your renewals until the debt is paid. So 7600/400 = around 19 months if you don't lose anybody. You probably won't write any new biz with them since it would all go towards the repayment. I don't know of any companies aggressively seeking repayment but it could happen.

Companies do work differently, especially when it comes to using your renewals to pay back a debt, but for the most part, even if they do take the renewals to pay it back they still want it paid back completely within 12 months. If your renewals aren't enough to make it happen within a year they are going to ask for some money from you. Some companies may even use a 6 month payback scale.

I was wondering that too. Maybe something to do with chargebacks/mid year terminations where they charged back the correct amount (pro-rated or not), but had paid the incorrect higher amount initially?? It was a SNP plan, right? Lots of mid-year terminations.

When I first got into the business, I owed Cigna $3,000. I paid them back 50 bucks a month. It took 5 years to pay off my debt and Cigna never had a problem with that. Hopefully HN will be just as kind to you.

I was wondering that too. Maybe something to do with chargebacks/mid year terminations where they charged back the correct amount (pro-rated or not), but had paid the incorrect higher amount initially?? It was a SNP plan, right? Lots of mid-year terminations.

But still the number seems out of proportion even with chargebacks,

I don't do Medi/Medi but I would guess if mid year loss was that high no one would sell it

Latest posts

Back