Heard of Health eDeals or IHC Group?

just curious. Their bread and butter is hospital indemnity plans..which my understanding are PPO plans where there is no co-pay. However, once the bill is sent and re-priced with the PPO, the insured gets a bill of the remaining balance (after the "benefit" is paid which could be 20-40 something dollars) kind of a nice "surprise" rather than paying the co-pay and being done with it. This type of health insurance is significantly cheaper than OCARE and has a much lower deductible ($1000-$1500) your thoughts ? Health insurance is def out of my comfort zone. I'm a life gal..

thanks!
Jennifer

I’m a medicare guy but the term “hospital indemnity” means it’s 100% not a PPO because it’s a plan that pays you a certain amount after a certain amount of days hospitalized. Meaning you pay up front.
Well at least in the Medicare world it is.
It’s usually used to supplement an insurance policy. Not to be a stand alone policy.

just curious. Their bread and butter is hospital indemnity plans..which my understanding are PPO plans where there is no co-pay. However, once the bill is sent and re-priced with the PPO, the insured gets a bill of the remaining balance (after the "benefit" is paid which could be 20-40 something dollars) kind of a nice "surprise" rather than paying the co-pay and being done with it. This type of health insurance is significantly cheaper than OCARE and has a much lower deductible ($1000-$1500) your thoughts ? Health insurance is def out of my comfort zone. I'm a life gal..

thanks!
Jennifer

Not worth the paper it is printed on.....has more cap's than a rap group.......check it out....
https://www.healthedeals.com/Media/.../Brochures/Brochure_Care_Access_Plan_0817.pdf

Its essentially a Gap Plan. Not true Health Insurance. Depending on the premium it might be a good add on for healthy people with a HDHP.

But knowing IHC, premiums are probably in the $300-$500 range per month for a family or more.

Back