Hearing Insurance

Unless you have something like Manhattan where it comes with DVH... I tell people to self insure.

There are things that insurance makes sense for, and some things you're better off just paying for yourself... having an audiogram, just pay for it..

Have hearing aids? Maybe a different story.. maybe.

Nobody's getting cochlear implants at 65+ and that'd be medical anyway.
In this area, you can go to any commercial hearing aid center and get a free hearing test. As for cochlear implants, I do know people over 65 that have had them implanted.. I assumed it was covered by Medicare but don't know that for sure.

In this area, you can go to any commercial hearing aid center and get a free hearing test. As for cochlear implants, I do know people over 65 that have had them implanted.. I assumed it was covered by Medicare but don't know that for sure.

I would think that cochlear implants would be quite rare in 65+, as they're pretty rare generally.

Nobody was an over generalization, so pretty rare would be a better fit.

I would think that cochlear implants would be quite rare in 65+, as they're pretty rare generally.

Nobody was an over generalization, so pretty rare would be a better fit
One of the fellows that goes to our church had them done after he was 65. He has Ménière's disease but he also had sever hearing loss that occurred due to his work environment so the company insurance or workman's comp may have paid for them,

Manhattan Assurance includes hearing with their Dental plan. True pool of money. If you have 3k plan, you can use all or part of it for hearing.

HELP ME.

I can't even figure out where to contracted. (My GA doesn't have it. Todd doesn't have it) I have decided to stop talking people out of this crap. And if they can use all $3K on hearing aids, then I can sleep. But all I can find is $1500 max, if I go in as a consumer.

HELP ME.

I can't even figure out where to contracted. (My GA doesn't have it. Todd doesn't have it) I have decided to stop talking people out of this crap. And if they can use all $3K on hearing aids, then I can sleep. But all I can find is $1500 max, if I go in as a consumer.
Call Lou Barber 800 752 3419. Tell Mallory that Louis Rouse referred you. I don't recruit so i do not get anything for it but supposedly they give my referrals a better contract. Oh, in the interest of full disclosure, he did send me a Longhorn gift certificate a few years ago.. :yes:

Hey Sam, Doug here, CEO of MDHearingAid, one of the largest D2C hearing aid sellers in the US. Here's the quick rundown:
  • Medicare does NOT cover hearing aids
  • Some medicare advantage plans do, but coverage isn't great
  • Some federal employee plans have great coverage
Let me know if you'd like to connect, I can give you the full rundown.

HELP ME.

We're in the process of getting it, so if you can hang tight a couple of days we'll have it.

Back