Heart Murmor

Type II - One would assume a doc is seeing them for the disease, running blood work to see if there are any changes in A1C. I suppose if someone truly was treatment free for 5/10 yrs (which I doubt) they could leave it off the app.

MIB records only go back 7 yrs (as I recall).

Ingenix/Milliman Intelliscripts go back 5 yrs.

So if nothing is in MIB, no meds for Glucophage, Metformin, etc they could possibly squeak by.

But I doubt it.

Benign tumor 12 yrs ago? If beyond the scope of the app, then no reason to include it.

I also tell folks to leave off the tonsillectomy from when they were 6.

Unless of course it was so traumatic they are still on anti-depression meds because of that.

Apps are carefully crafted to glean specific information. Just like a cross examination. You answer the question AS ASKED and move on. If the carrier wants more information, give it to them.

The applicant is under no obligation to volunteer anything that is not specifically asked.

FWIW, just got a guy with a murmur and BP meds approved. Both disclosed on the app and in the phone interview.

Standard.

In 22 minutes.

Don'tcha just love Humana?

Last edited:
Someone was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor...benign. Not an issue - diagnosed with it 12 years ago. Zero treatment for it.

Does it go on the app?

I happen to have an inoperable benign brain tumor and you must get MRI's once a year so it will show up on the app.

Just for clarification . . .

The tumor, no treatment, dx 12 yrs ago, does not go on the app when asking about tumors (if there is a time limit).

It would however go in the area that asks about diagnostic testing . . . which would mean it is disclosed . . . just in a different location.

No - in your toe scenario it's fully recovered.

Let me pose this to you - someone was diagnosed type II diabetic 6 years ago. Zero treatment received over the past 5 years - 100% diet controlled.

Does it go on the app if the app only goes back 5 years?

Another questions (and a real life one - know this guy)

Someone was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor...benign. Not an issue - diagnosed with it 12 years ago. Zero treatment for it.

Does it go on the app?

Glad you consider the toe fully recovered because I had a feeling you were gonna say to include it on the app.

In your scenario, c'mon (you're not talking to a newby here) I would need more information to make a recommendation...like Somarco pointed out most of the time there will be follow up and some sort of tests being run.

I had a heart murmur declined by GR today... The child has had it for a number of years and receives no treatment. They do an EKG every 2-3 years and it's not a big deal. I really don't understand this... they didn't even pull an APS?

Bob, how do you get declines overruled with GR? I've done it with Aetna in the past, but they won't let me speak to an underwriter at GR. I guess I don't send them enough business, and they sure make it hard for me to send them more...

Latest posts

Back