Heartland Med Supps?

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I really don't want to get back into the med supp Business on a big time basis but I would like to have one available for occasional use. The only company I have available is Equitable L&C but their premiums aren't competitive in TN.

Equitable administers the Heartland plan.. How competetive is Heartland after the rate increase that takes place in n2013? How are they as a company? Easy to do business with? Agent friendly?

In your area, Heartland seems competitive under age 75 on 2012 rates. Haven't seen them on 2013. Can't address your other questions. Never used them in GA. No competitive, unrated. Deadly combination.

Here in TN, Philadelphia American is hard to beat for ease of use and low rates. If you are interested in picking them up let me know (we are an imo) thanks.

I really don't want to get back into the med supp Business on a big time basis but I would like to have one available for occasional use. The only company I have available is Equitable L&C but their premiums aren't competitive in TN.

Equitable administers the Heartland plan.. How competetive is Heartland after the rate increase that takes place in n2013? How are they as a company? Easy to do business with? Agent friendly?

I can't address the premiums issue for your area, but I can share my experience so far. I contracted with them right before AEP. They charged me $20 to process my contract. I almost stopped right their but my FMO assured me that they would refund it when I submit my first app (and they did, but I had to fill out a special form). Their commissions are very low (about 4 percentage point below the average), which is another strike against them.

I have only done 5 policies with them so far. Each one was done with their telephone application process and it has work very well. I've done both 3-way calling and also when I've been with the client in person. The calls have ranged from about 15 minutes (OE) to about 30 minutes for fully underwritten. The nice thing is we walk away from each call with an approved policy number. This was especially handy for one case I did on 10/31 for an 11/1 effective date.

Commissions have been paid in a timely manner, though as I mentioned before, they are low.

Hope this helps.

If Philadelphia American is competitive in TN, I'd use them. Online app and moderate rate increases the last few years (basing that on New Era's rate increases in Georgia - they are the same company). It is the easiest application process I've ever experienced. You can literally take an application over the phone in 5 minutes.

Someone offered you a contract on the forum so feel free to use them. When New Era first came to Georgia there were only two IMO's in the country offering New Era/PA. One offered 16% and the other 18%. Again, those are commissions here in Georgia. Not sure what they are in TN. If you want to know the name of the group I used (the same one I sent Somarco to) just let me know. Or you can deal with the person who offered it to you on the forum. For what it's worth, I get nothing out of you using the same IMO I use. They will also appoint you directly.

One last thing, I'm not sure about their rules in TN, but you only get $25 for GI cases and half the commission percentage for Open Enrollment cases here in Georgia. I suspect it's the same in TN.

Back