Heartland Med Supps?

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
thought I would throw this out to everyone,

What benefit to offering Heartland med supps? Have someone encouraging me to appoint with them, but I am not sure if I have a need for them.

I did a forum search but it seems mixed from what I read.

From a "niche" perspective, is there anything about Heartland that MOO, Medico, Oxford, and trad. carriers like BC and UHC wouldn't cover?

Also considering New Era, have heard mostly positive about them.

I am relatively new to medicare sales, so not sure what the comp is like on GI on Heartland/New Era? Have a good opportunity to issue a bunch of GI end of the year.

What benefit to offering Heartland med supps? Have someone encouraging me to appoint with them, but I am not sure if I have a need for them.

From a "niche" perspective, is there anything about Heartland that MOO, Medico, Oxford, and trad. carriers like BC and UHC wouldn't cover?

I am relatively new to medicare sales, so not sure what the comp is like on GI on Heartland/New Era? Have a good opportunity to issue a bunch of GI end of the year.

I can't speak for Heartland, but forget about GI with New Era. They pay a one time $25 commission on GI. Rate history has been really good with New Era. Definitely a good carrier to have for underwritten and OE cases assuming they are competitive in your area.

I can't speak for Heartland, but forget about GI with New Era. They pay a one time $25 commission on GI. Rate history has been really good with New Era. Definitely a good carrier to have for underwritten and OE cases assuming they are competitive in your area.

I have heard that New Era will terminate you for too many GI cases also...

I have no idea. Why would anyone write a GI case with them if the commission is $25 and you could possibly have your contract terminated?

I think that goes for T65 too. I know they asked me what type of business I'd be writing when I contracted with them.

I think that goes for T65 too. I know they asked me what type of business I'd be writing when I contracted with them.

I've heard of carriers dropping appointment for GI (even at $25 comp actually only at $25 comp) But I have never heard that same thing for OE

I wrote some Heartland a few years ago. They took some big increases, so even though they're often the lowest priced here, I'm not touching them. They're marketing through an association and you don't get a policy, you get a group certificate which means they can cancel it. You get a few discounts on hotels, etc., but those usually don't amount to squat. They're reinsured by MOFO and Equitable's the TPA. They have one of the lowest commissions(16% in Illinois) and they pay $25 a year, years 1-6 for GI.

You might want to get contracted with Cigna if you're going to write a lot of GI and want to get paid for it. They pay full comp on GI(for now). They're the only one I know of.

I'd say 75% of my business is T65 due to the referrals I get. And New Era has gotten a good portion of that business and they have never said anything to me about it.

My suggestion is to refer GI to AARP/UHC unless you are contracted with them. I'm not and no longer write GI even though I have a carrier that pays 50%.

Back