Heartland Med Supps?

So if 25 (or 50 or 100 or whatever) GIs walked through your door because their retiree coverage was ending 12-31 you would tell them to take a hike?

I am not to that point yet with my BOB, wish I was.

I expect many of them will be persuaded to choose MAPDs, but some are going to want supps.

So if 25 (or 50 or 100 or whatever) GIs walked through your door because their retiree coverage was ending 12-31 you would tell them to take a hike?

I am not to that point yet with my BOB, wish I was.

I expect many of them will be persuaded to choose MAPDs, but some are going to want supps.

If they're healthy show them the value of Plan G or N. Problem solved.

Rick

I'd say 75% of my business is T65 due to the referrals I get. And New Era has gotten a good portion of that business and they have never said anything to me about it.

I contracted direct and some dude told me when I was on the phone with them that they're not looking for agents that are targeting T65.

I'm just saying that's what the guy told me.

If they're healthy show them the value of Plan G or N. Problem solved.

Rick

Agreed. If they are healthy enough and understand the math.

I have a hard time with some though (country, salt of the earth, etc). Their cousin's aunt's roommate or whatever had a plan where they "didn't have to pay for nothin" and that is what they want too. Period. Even if they have to pay $600 more a year for it. That's what they want. If they can afford it, F it is.

I can't see myself making them go through underwriting if they don't have to just so I can make more commission. Maybe I am getting soft in my old age.

I have a hard time with some though (country, salt of the earth, etc). Their cousin's aunt's roommate or whatever had a plan where they "didn't have to pay for nothin" and that is what they want too. Period. Even if they have to pay $600 more a year for it. That's what they want. If they can afford it, F it is.

I can't see myself making them go through underwriting if they don't have to just so I can make more commission. Maybe I am getting soft in my old age.

Personally, I'm not writing anyone a case where I get $25 or nothing. Usually there is a plan that is competitive that will at least pay 50%. I'll do that (assuming it's an e-app). No way I'm driving to a meeting to write a case where I'm only making $125 or so.

I agree and help people regardless of commission.

However, forgetting the GI availability, there is almost never a time where Plan F is a better value than G or N. While people in TN are generally brain dead, it is still your job to show them the way.

You need to be able to preach it from the heart. Hallelujah. (And if this Atheist can do it, so can you).

Rick

Oh, I agree on the value, just hard to get through years of conditioning with some of these folks. They believe that if it costs more it must be better, and something that costs less can't be as good or better.

Still working on my math lessons. I am only a couple of years into selling Medicare, so always open to suggestions on how to approach it.

Maybe I need to throw in a few more "can I get an amen"'s ???

Last edited:
Back