Heartland National and State Mutual Supps

Heartland is administered and underwritten by equitable. Comp a little low, but same eapp platform and point of sale approval as Equitable (you actually call Equitable). HH discount even if only one person applies. If you need a good contract for them I can help.

I don't know anything about state mutual, maybe someone else can come along and comment.

Anybody have experience with these companies?
EApp? Good comp?

At least in OH, State Mutual is fine. They are doing a higher 1st year and lifetime at a lower.

Here they pay 25% 1st yr and 15% lifetime renewal.

I know we all say that med supp clients won't stay with a carrier forever, but some will, and overall it seems like a decent deal.

I don't pay attention too much, but it seemed like they were slower to pay than others.

Also, no advance on Open Enrollment - which I'm ok with.

----------

Anybody have experience with these companies?
EApp? Good comp?

My IMO said that the e-app is in the works. Until then, no big deal to send the paper app...

The State Mutual deal is new through the FMO out of Florida (name escapes me).

Until a week or so ago you could run SM rates and see $104 (example) as the lowest rate and another rate further down for $190.

Same carrier. Same plan.

Until this year they only wrote through captives. The FL FMO convinced them to lower rates (a LOT) and write through brokers.

Paper apps only.

I am appointed. Have yet to write my first app. Something just doesn't feel right.

The State Mutual deal is new through the FMO out of Florida (name escapes me). Until a week or so ago you could run SM rates and see $104 (example) as the lowest rate and another rate further down for $190. Same carrier. Same plan. Until this year they only wrote through captives. The FL FMO convinced them to lower rates (a LOT) and write through brokers. Paper apps only. I am appointed. Have yet to write my first app. Something just doesn't feel right.

Let me help you with that name. It's Amerilife. I tested the waters and wrote one with them. Paper app which is a pain (man have I gotten lazy). Client wanted to pay quarterly. I've been told they are working on an e-app and may even have it by now for all I know.

It didn't take too long to issue the Med Supp. Getting paid was a different story. Not knowing when they pay, I just waited. I thought, maybe they're like Blue and only pay once per month. According to the vendor who handles payment of commissions, they paid Amerilife on 08/26. I was paid on 09/25. Evidently this isn't normal and a mistake was made.

And no, I didn't assign commissions. This is how they do it. I have yet to place another case with them. More because of the e-app issue and I'm just concerned with future rate increases. Their direct rates were extremely high. Have they figured out a way to reduce costs to keep rates down? I don't know and that's my hesitation.

I will say this in their defense, when I made my rep aware of the commission issue, he went to work right away to get it resolved.

Well, you are new to the business. It's ok. You'll get your first sale soon - just keep at it.

SAI is my upline and trainer. Do you suppose that is the problem? Thinking about asking Luke to train me.

Amerilife. That's it. Thx Scott.

They have been working on an e-app since I appointed with them early this year. Supposed to have it ready by 1st Q 20xx

Back