Height Weight Chart Qualification

TCBarb

Hi I'm curious on my qualification based on height weight chart. I am applying for LTC insurance and my height is 5' 5 1/2". I am on the borderline of preferred status and I'm wondering how the underwriters look at the height.

If they use 5' 5" then I will not qualify for preferred. If they use 5'6" or an average of between 5'5" and 5'6" (my actual height) then I will qualify for preferred. Does the underwriter average out the height, round up or round down? I'm in excellent health, no meds, work out 6 days a week. Thank you for any input.

Hi I'm curious on my qualification based on height weight chart. I am applying for LTC insurance and my height is 5' 5 1/2". I am on the borderline of preferred status and I'm wondering how the underwriters look at the height.

If they use 5' 5" then I will not qualify for preferred. If they use 5'6" or an average of between 5'5" and 5'6" (my actual height) then I will qualify for preferred. Does the underwriter average out the height, round up or round down? I'm in excellent health, no meds, work out 6 days a week. Thank you for any input.

it depends upon the company.
which company are you applying with?

You should be OK. Have your agent write a strong cover letter for you.

Also, keep in mind there are other UW issues that can come about to keep you out of Preferred rates. For example, with Omaha if your mom and dad have any history of Alzheimer's or dementia, then Mutual of Omaha will give you Select rates anyway.

And if you are so concerned about premium, then you should be applying to Mass Mutual anyway. (but you would need to find a different agent, most likely). Mass Mutual has the same build chart as Omaha and is 20%-30% less premium for women than Omaha. I almost always take my healthy female clients to Mass Mutual and my healthy male clients to Omaha.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back