Height / weight disqualification

EdHead

Expert
Hi,

I just started selling Golden Rule and have been running into Height / weight disqualifications. Are the any more liberal health companies out there but yet affordable? I am in Illinois.

Ed

All carriers print the guide books. Go online and dowload all of them. To answer your question Unicare with a large rate up or BCBS IL.

If they are way off the charts risk pool or sort term does not ask height and weight.

I am in the Rockford area. I can also write for GTL, they have a more generous height/weight chart but no HDHP.

You need more carriers, especially if you are going to work with the all-you-can-eat buffet crowd.

Time & World have liberal wt guidelines but the premium can get hefty. (No pun intended).

So do some BX plans (as mentioned already).

If you are going to make it with 2 carriers, one of whom is a second tier player, you have a rough road ahead of you.

You need more carriers, especially if you are going to work with the all-you-can-eat buffet crowd.

Time & World have liberal wt guidelines but the premium can get hefty. (No pun intended).

Yes. I agree whole heartedly. Save yourself some Time and go with Time(Assurant Health) for the buffett crowd. Generally speaking if there is a weight problem and the accompanying HBP, Time is usually the one to come through, and the people have been beaten up enough by other carriers at that point, to stick with the policy.

Thanks for the input. I am waiting for Assurant and World writing numbers. I hope to get them in a week or so. I also applied to several others, so I should have nine total.

I agree with the companies listed. With Assurant, you can give the client an accurate quote with the rateup. World too, but if the client is too heavy or too short to be nicer, World may put an ER on him/her.

Aetna also has a good system using BMI. However, you do need to reference the guide to determine the possible rateup. In Florida, Aetna uses a category "S", which is a 150% rateup. Expensive but I got a client covered at 6'5" 340.

Latest posts

Back