Hello All. A Couple Quick Questions

Hello all. I live in Alaska and have Geico insurance. Full coverage on my 2004 vehicle. The roads were icy that evening. A moose walked right in front of the vehicle. I swerved to avoid the moose, slid off the road and struck a tree. Approx. 5,000.00 damage to vehicle. No damage to any other property (just tree). How long do I have to report the damage? I had to leave town for two weeks for work. My record is good, no accidents. I am 50 years old. Any advice/help? Thank you.

You should report it immediately. If you wait, they will wonder why you waited. Call GEICO tonight. They get calls like yours every day.

Saying you have to go away for 2 weeks for work doesn't make sense as they are a phone call away 24/7. In the time you registered for this site and posted your comments, you could have called them.

They are sitting there in their khakis right now waiting.

Thank you pcb. I am out of town now. I will not be home when they send the adjuster out to my house. I would really like to be there with him/her. Don't have my contract in front of me. Don't I have 30 days to report? Also, any idea of how much this might raise my premium?

Thank you

You should still call them as soon as you can. No reason why you can't call now. If you have accident forgiveness, perhaps your rates won't go up at all.

One call will tell all. You don't need your contract in front of you, but you should be able to go to their website and look at it. I see you have computer access.

Did the police come to the accident site? Were you hurt? All these things need to be explored.

No police, no injuries at all. Just on way home from store. The vehicle is still drivable, just a huge dent on the side. Any idea about the premium? I did check online and the full contract is not there, just the declaration page and a few others. I do not have accident forgiveness. I guess I will call tonight.

That's the best thing to do. They won't just show up at your house without you there. Depending on what your car is worth, you might want to fix it yourself and not have them fix it....depending on how high your premiums go.

Latest posts

Back