Hello from another noob.

O

outwest

Just wanted to say thanks to all the vets for posting such great stuff! I am freshly licensed and have started with America's Health Team. So far so good. I wrote 15K in my 1st 3 days with Assurant's Coremed Elite. I'm still trying to figure this plan out. Reading this board kinda put me in my place as I thought I knew much more than I do. Thanks again for all the great posts!

I wrote 15K in my 1st 3 days with Assurant's Coremed Elite. I'm still trying to figure this plan out.

If you don't know the product, how the h-ll can you sell it????? What do you see as the advantages of this plan over the other plans Assurant offers?

Good luck to you in the future.

Do what's right for the client - or don't do it . . .

Happy Selling!

Tom

I wrote 15K in my 1st 3 days with Assurant's Coremed Elite. I'm still trying to figure this plan out.

If you don't know the product, how the h-ll can you sell it????? What do you see as the advantages of this plan over the other plans Assurant offers?

Well, I do know most of the product. It is unclear on several things from what I have tried to learn about it. It seems the only way to truley learn everything there is to know is to get a policy and read it cover to cover. Which is exactly what I plan to do once it arrives. I have told the client that they have the free look and that we will go over every detail together.

I have been all over Assurant's site and know all that the brochure is explaining but want to know such things as, "life-threatening cancer" and other fine print writing that is not disclosed in the brochures.

To answer your question about why coremed. It seemed to have the best price and complete benes of the Assurant plans I studied. 25 mill in lifetime bene, transplant coverage, worldwide coverage, and the 3 year rate lock to name a few.

My clients were sold on the fact that their lifetime bene went from 2 mill to 25 million. And they saved anywhere from 13%-33% off of what they were currently paying. All of the 3 customers main concern was total benefit and none of them go to the doctor very often.

Here are a list of their last 3 years medical expenses.

Client 1 Client 2 Client 3
2005 400 1300 900

2006 2300 285 1200

2007 210 650 1100

None of them had a deductible of less than 3K. So giving them a 5K deductible with a 4500 50% co-in seemed to make sense with adding the 10K Suite Solutions rider on. If they have an accident or a covered critical illness, they have zero to pay, in theory. This is why I can't wait for the policy to arrive to read it cover to cover. Unless I am missing some valueable tool where I can read this prior, I am stuck. Please direct me to any spot where I can find this info if you know.

I'm sure you guys will blast me for this but I truley am trying to learn everything I can about these products. I wish I could come out of gate and have the knowledge that you crusty vets own, but this plan appears to be solid and I need to eat. Please rip it to bits as that's why I posted the comment about not knowing it all about the plan. I am here to learn and will continue to do so. Also, please tell me your favorite Assurant product. We are also tied in with UA, AIG and Fidelity. I would not even think of selling these as I know nothing about them. I started with Assurant because it's our main focus and you have to start somewhere.

check out Right Start - blows CoreMed away.

Thanks for the insight. Why do you think it's better? All of the clients live and play in the mountains and all know of someone who has had to do a flight for life. Right start only has 1K per trip coverage while with coremed it's all covered after deductible and co-ins. Plus Suite Solutions would handle it(most likely) if they hit a tree skiing or got shot hunting on so on. Thanks again for the insight.

I was being facetious. Right Start is horrible - never sell it. I don't know much about CoreMed Elite since we don't have the elite series in MD.

However, CoreMed only fits into my portfolio when pre-ex is an issue and other carriers decline. If another carrier will take the case I won't write CoreMed.

I don't know what state you're in but but you should be writing healthy clients with GRs HSA 100 or Copay Select. If GR declines or riders then you can look to Assurant.

I only write Assurant's Max plan and One Deductible HSA, did you consider an HSA? Why is the 25 mill lifetime important? Talk to UW at Assurant and ask how often anyone reaches even 3 mill in lifetime benefits, UHC told me they have NEVER had a claimant hit that mark.

Back