Hello from Florida

blaze1x

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just starting out in Saint Petersburg, Florida. I was dealing with an ind. agent who convinced me to go with with him over Cornerstone/Megalife because of some of their shady policies. I've only been with him a month but it's clear that it'll take me a few months to start bringing in a decent salary--and I don't have the time to spare. I think on a weekly basis I need 100-150 warm leads to close a decent weekly amount. Then there's the purchase of a hot leads(which I feel should be my financial responsibility). You put those two together and maybe I'll make a nice salary. As I get better than the 100-150 could probably be reduced and I could use hot leads. I'm selling United American, Assurant and AIG life. He's provided me with 150 warm leads total (maybe a little more) and discouraged me from purchasing leads.

Anywho...

Now I'm moving onto Liberty National for supplemental/life insurance. Out of all the sales related presentations I've seen in the last few months, they seem to be the most up front and honest.

If there are any out there that have advice, please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks

ATG

Just starting out in Saint Petersburg, Florida. I was dealing with an ind. agent who convinced me to go with with him over Cornerstone/Megalife because of some of their shady policies. I've only been with him a month but it's clear that it'll take me a few months to start bringing in a decent salary--and I don't have the time to spare. I think on a weekly basis I need 100-150 warm leads to close a decent weekly amount. Then there's the purchase of a hot leads(which I feel should be my financial responsibility). You put those two together and maybe I'll make a nice salary. As I get better than the 100-150 could probably be reduced and I could use hot leads. I'm selling United American, Assurant and AIG life. He's provided me with 150 warm leads total (maybe a little more) and discouraged me from purchasing leads.

Anywho...

Now I'm moving onto Liberty National for supplemental/life insurance. Out of all the sales related presentations I've seen in the last few months, they seem to be the most up front and honest.

If there are any out there that have advice, please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks

ATG

Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone?

Anyone?

I have a few. Stop selling UA and focus more on major medical plans. Get appointed with the rest of the companies in Florida because you are very limited with just those companies. Then cold call and/or buy internet leads. to reach your goal of 150 leads a week.

UA, & Time is an odd combination.

A buddy of mine in the Tampa area says Time is not that competitive so I would assume the same in SP.

There is a new marketing organization, cant recall the name, that is made up mostly of former Mega agents. They use Time & UA.

Coincidence?

Why is your manager (recruiter?) discouraging you from buying "hot" leads and how do you (and he/she) define hot leads?

I suspect the warm leads you are given are actually stale, rehashed leads not worth a damn.

LN is an OK company. Good training but not a career move.

I have trained and continue to train many agents, and you must be able to see alot of people and give them a reason to trust you and a reason why they should work with you. One question I use and found very effective is, Do you think you ar paying to much for your insurance? What do you think most people will say? Door is now open, what do you do now/? I close a ton of business with that one statement, but you have to provide a way to save them how you will save them money and/or provide better coverage.

UA, & Time is an odd combination.

A buddy of mine in the Tampa area says Time is not that competitive so I would assume the same in SP.

There is a new marketing organization, cant recall the name, that is made up mostly of former Mega agents. They use Time & UA.

Coincidence?

Why is your manager (recruiter?) discouraging you from buying "hot" leads and how do you (and he/she) define hot leads?

I suspect the warm leads you are given are actually stale, rehashed leads not worth a damn.

LN is an OK company. Good training but not a career move.

Thanks for the info. After reading the step-by-step instructions on how to get started, I wish I had the finances to go independent right out the chute. As it stands someone will have to put me on for a little while and I'll start the independent route again--probably in a year.

There are no coincidences in this life.

The question is a good one. I've actually heard that one before...

My guy thinks that the re-hashed leads, provided for free by my recruiter, are totally workable. Also, the mindset of someone who will go through two-three hundred leads is that of someone who is always hustling for his next deal. The savvy insurance guy will be able to sift through the re-hashed leads and build a solid customer base.

Again, thanks for the info.

My guy thinks that the re-hashed leads, provided for free by my recruiter, are totally workable. Also, the mindset of someone who will go through two-three hundred leads is that of someone who is always hustling for his next deal. The savvy insurance guy will be able to sift through the re-hashed leads and build a solid customer base.

I sell insurance all the time to people who I have gotten leads on 6,12,18 and even 24 months ago. Sometimes even farther back than that.

To me, a lead is someone who may have been curious when they filled out the card or info on a website. They may not even remember having done it when I contact them.

People's situation is constantly changing. The guy who isn't interested today may thank you for calling him "tomorrow".

Keep every lead you get, put them in your computer and have them so you can easily find them. Enter comments every time you talk to them. Try to find out what company they have now, how much they are paying and keep it with their information. Make a note when you feel the time may be right to contact them again.

Most of my sales are from old, stale, cold, not worth a damn leads. Just starting out is not the time to be spending a lot of money on "hot leads". The only "hot leads" I have ever received were from the company I use to be captive with when they were running TV ads with an 800 number for people to call. Everything else I have ever gotten were "warm leads" at best. What ever they are.

I sell insurance all the time to people who I have gotten leads on 6,12,18 and even 24 months ago. Sometimes even farther back than that.

To me, a lead is someone who may have been curious when they filled out the card or info on a website. They may not even remember having done it when I contact them.

People's situation is constantly changing. The guy who isn't interested today may thank you for calling him "tomorrow".

Keep every lead you get, put them in your computer and have them so you can easily find them. Enter comments every time you talk to them. Try to find out what company they have now, how much they are paying and keep it with their information. Make a note when you feel the time may be right to contact them again.

Most of my sales are from old, stale, cold, not worth a damn leads. Just starting out is not the time to be spending a lot of money on "hot leads". The only "hot leads" I have ever received were from the company I use to be captive with when they were running TV ads with an 800 number for people to call. Everything else I have ever gotten were "warm leads" at best. What ever they are.

How many warm leads would a guy just starting out need to make a decent/good salary? In your opinion?

The problem with stale ("warm") leads is DNC. You can end up paying a lot of money in fines for free leads.

The problem with stale ("warm") leads is DNC. You can end up paying a lot of money in fines for free leads.
Fines? Jeez! The leads that I've been given are netquote leads that are 6-24 months old. Would those types of leads be considered part of DNC?

Back