Hello from Kentucky

I'm a newbie! I got my license in May. I work for Physicians Mutual now but am looking for a change.

Hello, there are a few of us on the board working in Kentucky. Physicians doesn't seem like too bad of a company as far as captives go. Once you learn the ropes you can go independent.

Are you working out of the Louisville office?

I've been approached by several companies lately that say they will send me out on 5 preset appointments a day to sell medicare advantage plans. For every plan i sell they will pay me $200 they say the close ratio is 40% so 25 appointments a week should equal 10 sales. Anybody familiar with this?

I've been approached by several companies lately that say they will send me out on 5 preset appointments a day to sell medicare advantage plans. For every plan i sell they will pay me $200 they say the close ratio is 40% so 25 appointments a week should equal 10 sales. Anybody familiar with this?

You're already in a decent situation. I would just stay there to learn the business and build up some cash reserves until you are ready to go independent.

Anytime you need "free leads" you are not going to be independent. You're going to be in a worse place than you are now.

My advice is:
Step #1 Get familiar with what you're doing on Physician's dime.
Step #2 Sign up with 2 or 3 companies at street level or better contracts. Tell your manager at Physicians you are leaving at this point.
Step #3 Buy your own leads and start making money as a true independent.

Back