Hello from New Orleans

Hello everyone,

I've been checking out the forums for a few months now and finally decided to join. A friend had been telling me that I should get in the Life Insurance biz for awhile. He thought I'd be good at it. After more than twenty years in IT, I became more curious and decided to start studying for the P&C exam in Louisiana. After doing fairly well on the Pre-License training, I took the exam and passed. That was back in July of last year (2015). Soon thereafter, while working a very short stint for Allstate in a dealership, I trained and took the LHA exam and passed. I started my own agency and ventured into FE in September. It was a little rough through the holidays, but I'm beginning to pick up momentum and am licensed in quite a few states. So far, I've been writing most business in LA, MS, and AR, and 1 so far in TN. Heading to OK next week and looking forward to a great work/pleasure trip (lots of cousins there). When I have time, I enjoy reading some of the threads...mostly looking for good FE tips and lead tips, but also quite a few laughs along the way. I'm glad that I decided to read quite a bit in this forum before almost making what I think would have been a mistake in getting signed up with one of the few organizations that have been talked about at length and giving up a lot of commission. Personally, I like being independent. The more I get out there, the better I get....not to mention like any other sales....numbers, numbers, numbers.

Back