Hello from Northern California

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, reading up on P&C as I study for my exam. My plan is to start out in that market to try to generate an income base as I near retirement.

My past sales experience has included real estate, modern art and Internet access. More recently, I've worked as an enrolled agent preparing tax returns and assisting taxpayers with representation work.

I've learned a ton already and hope to reciprocate.

Chris

Howdy Chris. I'm p&c commercial in SF Bay Area about 8 years in. I built it up well enough I retired and cut to about 10 or 20 hours a week or so, but I eventually went bonkers from all the free time and now I am about 20 or 30 hrs a week.

Whereabouts are you?

Howdy Chris. I'm p&c commercial in SF Bay Area about 8 years in. I built it up well enough I retired and cut to about 10 or 20 hours a week or so, but I eventually went bonkers from all the free time and now I am about 20 or 30 hrs a week.

Whereabouts are you?

Hi Mark,

I'm living in Lafayette and currently work in San Francisco. I'm hoping to setup shop in the East Bay.

Your best bet is to start out for a captive company. I would recommend State Farm. Do that for a while, learn the industry on someone else's nickel, see if it's for you. Then you can transition to independent.

Back