Hello from Oregon where Everything is on Fire.

amym73

I am new here, I work for a Farmers Agent in Oregon. :) I have been here about 8 months and don't really do much selling or appointment setting, more office support and quotes for inbound calls but would like to get better at selling...
I don't really like phones, and talking to strangers who might be grouchy. So I am working on that because those are really skills I need to improve to call people and get appointments.

First... You must believe in what you are doing, you must believe you are doing them a service and your expertise is what may save them from grave financial loss.

The phone, cold calling, strangers... Your approach needs to be the same as you would go to assist a stranger calling out for help, or flagging you down in traffic for help... Grouchy? Nah, simply misinformed.

BEST of luck to you!

I am new here, I work for a Farmers Agent in Oregon. :) I have been here about 8 months and don't really do much selling or appointment setting, more office support and quotes for inbound calls but would like to get better at selling...
I don't really like phones, and talking to strangers who might be grouchy. So I am working on that because those are really skills I need to improve to call people and get appointments.

You become and attract what you think about.

Belief is good, but belief is nothing without skills. Learn how to "make a quick deal" for a minute of their time, and then provide exceptional value within that one minute of time.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...h-annuities-tracker-t88391-3.html#post1199793

Back