Hello from So. Cal.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your forum and wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Mark and as my title mentions, in Southern California. I have been a Health/Life agent since 1982. A few years ago I wanted to do something else which I did. I did well but never realized the income I did with my insurance business. So I am back and realize that things have changed somewhat and I feel a bit overwhelmed with the direction I should go.

I know I want to remain an independent agent, desire an automated lead generation and follow-up system, fairly sure I want to focus on life insurance but am open to sell health insurance but remember some headaches with that. I know that we are in the marketing/advertising business- we just happen to use insurance as our vehicle to market with.

I have done some amount of research before I take the plunge but would appreciate your input. I know some of you are having success with health insurance and working the CRM dialer (very Intriguing), others have lead programs that work well, some have online term/health websites that draw leads.

I know one thing that hasn't changed is the one who markets/generates the most leads closes more sales. I also see that blogging is being used to build relationships and also link back to producer websites. There is gold in there some place- just need to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your input. I look forward to being part of this forum and offering any wisdom that has helped me.

Latest posts

Back