Hello from Texas

mcday

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi, my name is Mike from Texas. I live just South of Fort Worth but work the entire metroplex.

Got started in insurance back in September and almost starved my family to death. Finally, I turned the corner a few weeks ago when I got involved in the Senior Market.

I wanted to say "thank you" to everyone for all the good posts. I've literally learned more in a week from reading this board than I did the first 3 months of training up at the local office.

A big thank you to John Petrowski and Frank Stastny for their encouragement. Thank you to all the other forum members for your good discussions and thoughtful input.

Peace,
Mike

I can't even imagine what you could possibly train on for 3 months...

Good luck with everything...

TXINSURANCE
Katy, Texas

Last edited:
I should qualify that 3 month statement:

I've attended a "weekly" sales meeting on Friday mornings for the last 3 months. Aside from that, my training has mainly been "here's some brochures. learn the product & go get 'em!".

Honestly, I got more training when I started selling vacuum cleaners door to door back in the early 90s. The information I've been able to gather from this forum in a week far exceeds what I could learn in a year of those Friday sales meetings. The people at the office are great but they're busy. There's no system in place to train a new agent.

This board should be mandatory reading for anyone wanting to start out in the business. I've already sent the link to two other agents who started out about the same time I did.

Latest posts

Back