Hello there!

Jul 6, 2007

1. pauldh

pauldh New Member

Hello...I'm a P&C agent and the way that I found insurance forum is that I googled "netquotes suck". Anyway, it was comforting that I wasn't the only agent having trouble with those.

Anyway, I am curious if there is anyone out there who has had a lot of success marketing to mortgage brokers. I have visited quite a few offices and given my card and said "If you need a quick turn-around on a binder give me a call". Well, that's just me and twenty million other p/c agents.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pauldh

pauldh, Jul 6, 2007
  2. TheSalesWolf

TheSalesWolf Super Genius

That's funny, I found the forums when I yahood "Norvax Sucks"...

Mortgage Brokers and Apartment Managers are the key to make it work.
    I was most sucessful with Apartment Managers and got tons of renters insurance customers from them. Cross sold most of them auto insurance. It was so easy.
    I went to Target and spent $100 on $5 gift cards and handed them out to each worker in the apartment office. I told them each referal they give me they get another gift card. I had 6 apartment complexes in my surround area that gave me all the renters.

Unfortunately P and C still sucks.

3. salpro22

salpro22 Guru

State:
    Texas
    Did you sell Commercial lines as well for the properties or just auto and renters insurance?

salpro22, Jul 12, 2007
  4. TheSalesWolf

TheSalesWolf Super Genius

Just personal lines. I only wrote for about 4 months. I realized after writing 40 policies in 1 month and only receiving 1500 in commission that Health and Life insurance paid a little bit better.

5. salpro22

salpro22 Guru

State:
    Texas
    Understandable. Did you think about pursuing commercial lines, so instead of selling the renters you could target the apartment complex owners, etc.?

salpro22, Jul 13, 2007
  6. TerriE

TerriE New Member

Gee, and all I yahoo'd was "insurance agents forums" and here I am.

TerriE, Jul 13, 2007