Hello World or I Need Some Basic Guidelines

BestInsurance

Expert
Hello...

I'm professional web programmer with about 12 years of experience. Last 5 years I work as system architect in a leads generation company in another than insurance market. Knowing lead generation from the inside I decided to start my company for generating insurance leads and found out that no one in the insurance industry offers XML API integrations. Can someone tell me if it is true, or just my insufficient effort?

Re forum commitment. You can ask me different/any questions regarding web development. If my experience covers the area of your problem, I will be more than happy to help you.

You sound like a programmer. You started the thread with "Hello World." LOL

I do some programming as well. I'm self-taught so I don't know what an "XML API integration" is or why someone might want to use it.

If you give us more information then we might be able to answer or else we probably can't. :-)

By the way, what languages do you code in?

Any info would be great. If it generates leads, I am sure it would be useful. What advantages would it have over a current system in use?

Is it something we would use on our own websites, or would it be used as a lead generating program that would then sale the leads to agents?

You sound like a programmer. You started the thread with "Hello World." LOL
Look like programmer, sound like programmer, smell like programmer - must be programmer. :))

I do some programming as well. I'm self-taught so I don't know what an "XML API integration" is or why someone might want to use it.
Well... It is fairly easy thing. Maybe easy for me, as it is a part of my profession. Basically it is a way/mean/tool to exchange data between systems. Lets say someone places a quote on your web site, you don't do business in that area (another state, county or zip, doesn't matter), that lead is useless for you, but I do business in that area, you have an agreement with me, and our system (inter-)connected via a mean which translates data stored in your system to the format acceptable by my system, you can sell that lead to me and make money of it.

If you give us more information then we might be able to answer or else we probably can't. :-)
Basically it all was something like - I can program, I need to know what data/fields I have to collect for auto/home/health/life insurance lead. However, I might start with a CRM for insurance agents first, and add data collection and distribution later. I just can't find reliable companies for buying lead.

By the way, what languages do you code in?
Toolbox contains Adobe ColdFusion, MS SQL, Fusebox. Every piece on advanced level. And some other cool words like AJAX, Webservices, components, SOAP, yada, yada, yada.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any info would be great. If it generates leads, I am sure it would be useful. What advantages would it have over a current system in use?

Is it something we would use on our own websites, or would it be used as a lead generating program that would then sale the leads to agents?
It is generating leads on my web site and selling them to you by posting (sending) them into your CRM system or any other system you use.

Last edited:
Back