Hello Y'all!

SoumisaR

Hi! I just got recruited by AFLAC. I have a question that has not been answered. How extensive is the background check to obtain licensing? Does your credit affect you license approval? I found a $5000 charge on my credit report 2 years ago and it has remained on my credit despite my efforts to have it removed. I do not want to pay for licensing and exam fees if I know that I will not be approved.
I would rather try to clear the issue with legal help.

Does anyone know if this will affect me?
BTW- I am in the state of LA.

Thanks!

I assume LA=Louisiana

Virtually anyone who can fog a mirror and carry on a conversation reasonably well is liable to be recruited by AFLAC, Primerica, NAA, UGA, etc.

As far as I know, the only things that can get you into trouble with licensing are bankruptcy and maybe a judgment. Credit can become an issue though when trying to land a spot as a captive agent (W-2 employee).

Thank you for the information.
I am in the state of Louisiana.

I went to another forum after my first interview and did not find many negative postings regarding AFLAC. I researched the company on the Forbes Fortune 500, Best Companies to Work For, and also checked their growth, turnover, and revenue. Is there something that I am missing? I do not have friends or family in the business, so it is hard to get personal experiences.

I understand that it is commission based and like anything, they will receive a percentage off of my production. I have had this experience with Real Estate and Mortgage.

Can you give me an honest opinion regarding the company? I am VERY new to this and would like to know how their competitors rank.

I have a pulse but that isn't the only thing I have to offer a company.

Thank you for the information.
I am in the state of Louisiana.

I went to another forum after my first interview and did not find many negative postings regarding AFLAC. I researched the company on the Forbes Fortune 500, Best Companies to Work For, and also checked their growth, turnover, and revenue. Is there something that I am missing? I do not have friends or family in the business, so it is hard to get personal experiences.

I understand that it is commission based and like anything, they will receive a percentage off of my production. I have had this experience with Real Estate and Mortgage.

Can you give me an honest opinion regarding the company? I am VERY new to this and would like to know how their competitors rank.

I have a pulse but that isn't the only thing I have to offer a company.

I'd first have to ask, forgetting for a minute what AFLAC does or sells, what type of insurance products/services do YOU want to work with and what kind of clients do you want to have?

The answer to those two questions will help us direct you better (assuming you want our help :biggrin:)

I know what I do NOT want to sell. I don't want to sell Life insurance, annuities, property or casual..
My concerns are for those who get sick and are unable to pay their bills due to their illness. A friend of mine lost her house because she didn't have the money to pay her mortgage. Her health insurance covered SOME of her medical bills. She didn't work for several months and what her company offered wasn't enough for her to keep up.

I would rather have my client base consist of businesses rather than individuals.

I know what I do NOT want to sell. I don't want to sell Life insurance, annuities, property or casual..
My concerns are for those who get sick and are unable to pay their bills due to their illness. A friend of mine lost her house because she didn't have the money to pay her mortgage. Her health insurance covered SOME of her medical bills. She didn't work for several months and what her company offered wasn't enough for her to keep up.

I would rather have my client base consist of businesses rather than individuals.

Good, very focused. If you like businesses, learn how to sell "real" disability coverage (not AFLAC).

It is the LARGEST hole in financial security (especially business owners). You could team up with better quality life insurance person on a split basis. Could prove to be very lucrative - tough yes, but lucrative and certainly no tougher than what you would face with AFLAC.

The Guardian is the leading carrier in this area.

I would suggest Illinios Mutual, they have great DI and give business owners a healthy discount. Plus they also do group, a great company for the small business market. Guardian is a great company, yet dollar for dollar if "Own Occupation" is not on the table I believe IM would be a better choice.

Back