HELP! 65+ Year Old Inlaws Relocating from Brazil! Obamacare?

Giba2001

I am hoping someone can help me with this information. At this exact moment, I am on the phone with a young girl who works for / with Obamacare and she has no clue... (I was on hold for 28 minutes just to find out I wouldn't find anything helpful there.)
My inlaws are 65+ and would like to relocate to the US. They have a "Cadillac" plan in Brazil, due to my father-in-law's job as a retired justice. Here, obviously they would not.

1. My mother in law is 65. My father in law is 71.
2. She had breast cancer 6 years ago. My father in law had prostate cancer 7 years ago.
3. Their retirement income is $15,000 / $15k per month.
4. They have not yet applied for the green cards but we've been told it should be a relatively quick process.
5. They would like to retire to Miami, Orlando or somewhere with a beach in Florida.

We would like to know if Florida is a good option, or if there is another state that would be a better option, based upon insurance offerings for people of their age and status.

Also, would there be better choices of where to live in Florida, based upon zip codes? Meaning, are there areas that have more or less offerings?

If they are eligible in the Obamacare exchange, does anyone have an idea of what monthly costs are running for folks of their age / health? I've talked to a couple places and know that they could get insurance BUT those insurances cover very little. At the moment, at least to us, it sounds as if Obamacare offers more coverage.

Thank you so much!!! Please feel free to also PM me. I am desperate and so grateful for input!!!

I am a Florida mortgage broker who primarily works with foreign nationals (part-time 2nd home owners from other countries) and more permanent types such as work visa holders and green cards. Have been doing this part of it since 1997, and can advise you til the cows come home on what to buy, where to buy, and if they can even purchase a home, when most income is derived overseas. I am also a life and health insurance agent and will ask one of the health agents in my company who works with harder to insure individuals. Once they get green cards, it will be should be easier for them to get health insurance (aside from any health challenges).

Back