HELP! Advice Needed!

dimon

hey guys, I know some of you been in this business for a long time, and get irritated with some easy or rookie questions...but I am trying to make decision on the call center to use to follow up on quotes and make sales...basically if I send them quotes I'd like them to follow up on them ASAP...what is the good people that trustable that do not steal customers from you and work fast?

Thanks in advance

hey guys, I know some of you been in this business for a long time, and get irritated with some easy or rookie questions...but I am trying to make decision on the call center to use to follow up on quotes and make sales...basically if I send them quotes I'd like them to follow up on them ASAP...what is the good people that trustable that do not steal customers from you and work fast?

Thanks in advance

It seems like I run that particular call center for myself. Although it would be really awesome if someone quoted, closed, and followed up for me, in addition to finding leads and I just collected a check.

It seems like I run that particular call center for myself. Although it would be really awesome if someone quoted, closed, and followed up for me, in addition to finding leads and I just collected a check.

Are you sure you want to go to all the "trouble" of collecting the check? That sounds like a lot of work to me. They might ask you a question you would have to answer when you are there. :laugh:

Thanks in advance

Is this a serious question?

From your other posts I think you might want to re think being an agent. You might be better off just selling the leads you collect off of the web.

dimon,
Why would you want someone else to follow up on your quote? Either you're writing so much business that you don't have time to follow up or you're probably too timid to follow up. I feel following up on your own quote is imperative if you want to stay viable in this business and plus it's free.

No offense, but I never heard this before being asked before and it just threw me off guard.

yeah guys, I understand, but I am trying not to become "another agent" that's not my goal...all of you know that Internet is bringing a lot of business, some of you do it right, some just build the website and thinking that it will do it...kind a funny...ok what if, I obtain my licence then get 2-3 more states...with some of the knowledge in internet marketing, I think that it is very possible to get about 80-100 quotes, 30-50 calls and maybe 5 or so completed apps...well forget to mentioned with about 1500-2000 budget of course...what will you do in this case???? are you gona personally follow up on EACH quote?

I think if you hired an assistant that would solve that problem, it would also keep it within the business instead of hiring a call center. There are plenty of people who would love to have a job like that. Why don't you place an add on craigslist and look to expand your business, it will eventually help you MAKE more. 1500 a month to 2000 would be good for someone making your follow up calls, giving small quotes over the phone, and doing small errands.

Good luck

yeah guys, I understand, but I am trying not to become "another agent" that's not my goal...all of you know that Internet is bringing a lot of business, some of you do it right, some just build the website and thinking that it will do it...kind a funny...ok what if, I obtain my licence then get 2-3 more states...with some of the knowledge in internet marketing, I think that it is very possible to get about 80-100 quotes, 30-50 calls and maybe 5 or so completed apps...well forget to mentioned with about 1500-2000 budget of course...what will you do in this case???? are you gona personally follow up on EACH quote?

A quote by itself is just about worthless. These people are visiting multiple sites so they are gonna be hit with a bunch of quotes. The quote is almost never going to close the sale for you. Making 30-50 calls is not a lot, thats what it takes to be an agent you are not going to be able to make a living by just having an internet presence and knowing something about internet marketing....For your model you'll be competing again E Health...good luck.

It is really hard to find a call center that can do what you need done the way it needs to be done. You have to setup the parameters with no flexibility because once setup it's hard to change with a vendor. I've had the best luck using local retiree's who are not offended when they get someone rude on the phone - it happens. They appreciate a flexible work schedule and need the work. Then you can tweak your system at will as the situation calls for it. Burnout is the biggest problem and finding folks that can actually do the work professionally.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Funny thing is that the internet selling does evidently work well for some, not sure how. I agree that most insurance has to be "sold" but my hat is off to anyone that can figure out how to make a sale via internet with no hands on. I'd love to figure it out, I keep tweaking my site but not much fruit thus far.
They have to be licensed to quote rates or you could face a big problem, are folks doing it illegally - heck yes, call any Fred Loya office, their folks are not licensed. How they do it and not get caught, who knows. Can you compete with that - no.
There are no dumb questions. None of us have figured it all out. 16+ years later I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Last edited:
thanks guys...yeah I know that most people here think that you need to "SELL" insurance...when I think that this is not entirely true...people go to the internet and search for it, ready to buy...and the thing is more and more people doing this...yeah I am not thinking about becoming regular agent, and sure think will not buy any leads...I think that I will generate enough leads that can be work with and they are "unique" at least to me, I know that no one sees them:)...as for the Internet thing...what if you can get about 5 completed apps a day online...will you be able to make a living with that:)...I think that you should be able to:)...not sure what is wrong with "borrowing" the ehealthinsurance concept and make it better...guys are in business aren't they...so do you really think that they follow up and "SELL" each policy? I estimate that they are getting about 10% unassisted apps at least...and that alone allow you to pay 17$ per click for some words...I will start small and see where will it take me...thanks for all the feedback guys

Last edited:
Back