Help. AHIP Question

Poseidon

Expert
Agent Willis had several clients who disenrolled from the plans he represents during the AEP to try new Medicare Advantage plans. Agent Willis believes that the choices they made are not ideal for them and would like to get their business back during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA-OEP). What can agent Willis do?

Choose one answer.
a. He can send them information about the MA-OEP along with a flyer on the plans he represents.
b. He can wait until October and send them information about the plans he represents.
c. He can call them to let them know that if they do not like their new plans, they can change back during the MA-OEP.
d. He can e-mail them in January and ask them to let him know if they are not happy with their new plans.

I would assume B. As long as it’s not actual benefit info

Edit: I have not looked at AHIP 2020 yet so not sure if rule changes

Thanks Chazm. Almost done. Question 48 has got me stumped. wanna take a crack at it?

Agent Roderick enrolls retiree Mrs. Martinez in a medical savings account (MSA) Medicare health plan. The MSA plan does not offer prescription drug coverage, so Agent Roderick also enrolls Mrs. Martinez in a standalone prescription drug plan (PDP). What CMS compensation rules apply to this situation?

Choose one answer.
a. This situation is considered a “dual enrollment,” and CMS compensation rules are applied to the two plans at once and independently of each other.
b. MSA Medicare health plans are subject to special rules limiting initial year compensation to 50 percent of the fair market value (FMV) published annually by CMS. Regular initial year enrollment rules apply to the PDP.
c. When an MSA Medicare health plan is combined with a PDP, initial and renewal year(s) compensation is paid only for the MSA enrollment in order to recompense CMS for contributions made to the enrollee’s MSA account.
d. Regular CMS and renewal compensation rules apply to the PDP enrollment, but compensation is limited to $100 for the MSA health plan enrollment in order to recompense CMS for contributions made to the enrollee’s MSA account.

Thanks Chazm. Almost done. Question 48 has got me stumped. wanna take a crack at it?

Agent Roderick enrolls retiree Mrs. Martinez in a medical savings account (MSA) Medicare health plan. The MSA plan does not offer prescription drug coverage, so Agent Roderick also enrolls Mrs. Martinez in a standalone prescription drug plan (PDP). What CMS compensation rules apply to this situation?

Choose one answer.
a. This situation is considered a “dual enrollment,” and CMS compensation rules are applied to the two plans at once and independently of each other.
b. MSA Medicare health plans are subject to special rules limiting initial year compensation to 50 percent of the fair market value (FMV) published annually by CMS. Regular initial year enrollment rules apply to the PDP.
c. When an MSA Medicare health plan is combined with a PDP, initial and renewal year(s) compensation is paid only for the MSA enrollment in order to recompense CMS for contributions made to the enrollee’s MSA account.
d. Regular CMS and renewal compensation rules apply to the PDP enrollment, but compensation is limited to $100 for the MSA health plan enrollment in order to recompense CMS for contributions made to the enrollee’s MSA account.
I'll go with A. :yes:

Are you going to have the Forum answer every question on the test? :laugh:

That's what that one gal should've done that had trouble passing the test. :biggrin:

That one stumped me Also, So many times Its been drilled into us If someone cancels MA you can contact them

However, the answer somehow is B as mentioned before, I did find out the second time through

Strange test this year

Choose one answer.

I’d have to read up on that. Never had an option to sell a msa

I'll go with A. :yes:

Are you going to have the Forum answer every question on the test? :laugh:

That's what that one gal should've done that had trouble passing the test. :biggrin:

Haha.. luckily i didn't get question happy til about question 45 .. otherwise I might have lol

Latest posts

Back