Help: Applied General Agency?

Danman

Hi,

Thinking of signing up with AGA. Why are people down on Applied General Agency?

I would appreciate advice.

Last edited:
Hi, before finding this forum, I signed up with Applied General Agency for the Medicare season. Haven't sold anything yet through them.

After a forum search I'm having second thoughts. Why are people down on Applied General Agency?

I would appreciate advice since it might be easier to get a release before selling anything.
You won't get a release, period.

I learned the hard way that the owner of the agency, refused to release me from my secure horizons contract and forced me to go 6 months prior to moving to another FMO. (I never knew about this indentured servant clause before they taught me).

I told them that I only wanted to move my PFFS business and would still write all the HMO plans through him but if he didn't release me, I would move them as well. His response was, "We will do just fine without your business."

After moving my contract, they refused to pay me renewal commissions. I called the carriers but they couldn't release information to me on existing business because (surprise), AGA was the actual agent, not me. Makes it hard to sue when you can't prove the loss.

Does that answer your question?

Rick

Rick,
Thanks for the reply. It is unfortunate that it took 6 months to get released, and the loss of renewals.

Kaufman is a fool. AGA is similar to parker. Sure, maybe they have a few agents they treat decent, but for the most part they run a shop I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

I've posted many times how AGA is the bottom of the barrel as far as honesty (in MYopinion). Avoid them like the plague.

There are many marketers who will act in an honorable manner as respects releases. There are a number including Craig Ritter, Culter & Associates, Mark Rosenthal, etc.

By the way, the one person who posted how much he likes AGA posted this over 18 months ago. I'd be very curious how must time passed before he got screwed and moved on.

Rick

Sorry people for not posting sooner. I have been too busy writing business that AGA helps me market for.

Yours truly,
A very successful insurance broker

Soo busy writing insurance, sooooo busy.

I've done business with AGA and not had a good experience.

I know several others have.

Good for you making money, but that is hardly the norm.

Sorry people for not posting sooner. I have been too busy writing business that AGA helps me market for.

Just for fun ask Patrick if he would grant you a release. The asshat didn't release me and I heard the same from other agents.

AGA owns you and I call bullshit on your post.

Rick

Back