Help: Applied General Agency?

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by Danman, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Danman

Danman New Member

Hi,

Thinking of signing up with AGA. Why are people down on Applied General Agency?

I would appreciate advice.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  2. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    You won't get a release, period.

I learned the hard way that the owner of the agency, refused to release me from my secure horizons contract and forced me to go 6 months prior to moving to another FMO. (I never knew about this indentured servant clause before they taught me).

I told them that I only wanted to move my PFFS business and would still write all the HMO plans through him but if he didn't release me, I would move them as well. His response was, "We will do just fine without your business."

After moving my contract, they refused to pay me renewal commissions. I called the carriers but they couldn't release information to me on existing business because (surprise), AGA was the actual agent, not me. Makes it hard to sue when you can't prove the loss.

Does that answer your question?

Rick

3. Danman

Danman New Member

Rick,
    Thanks for the reply. It is unfortunate that it took 6 months to get released, and the loss of renewals.

4. luke4275

luke4275 Guest

Sounds like that second poster is a novice.. scary..

5. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

:D Now THAT was funny:twitchy:

6. Josh

Josh Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Kaufman is a fool. AGA is similar to parker. Sure, maybe they have a few agents they treat decent, but for the most part they run a shop I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

7. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I've posted many times how AGA is the bottom of the barrel as far as honesty (in MYopinion). Avoid them like the plague.

There are many marketers who will act in an honorable manner as respects releases. There are a number including Craig Ritter, Culter & Associates, Mark Rosenthal, etc.

By the way, the one person who posted how much he likes AGA posted this over 18 months ago. I'd be very curious how must time passed before he got screwed and moved on.

Rick

8. b61mack

b61mack Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    maybe you should e mail him..ask him how he is doing....or stop at mc donalds... and say hi......

9. Josh

Josh Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Soo busy writing insurance, sooooo busy.

I've done business with AGA and not had a good experience.

I know several others have.

Good for you making money, but that is hardly the norm.

10. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Just for fun ask Patrick if he would grant you a release. The asshat didn't release me and I heard the same from other agents.

AGA owns you and I call bullshit on your post.

Rick