HELP! Can my VA Life,Health,&Annuities be denied if I forgot to file taxes last year?

Nicolacrayola

Expert
Kinda freaking out a little bc I saw failure to pay state income taxes under a list of reasons licenses can be suspended/revoked/denied. I’m supposed to take the test in a few days- I was caring for my dad (he had early onset Alzheimer’s) and it was an honest mistake. Was only working a crappy $18,000 a year part time job anyways and always got money BACK. Can that possibly cause a denial??? At first I had assumed they only meant revoking it for agents who never paid it in the first place since it isn’t automatically deducted but now I’m not sure...

Caveat, I am not an insurance agent and have not had to deal with the testing and license rules.

If I was in that situation, I would just go ahead and file the return now to document income and withholding and overpayment, and then deal with questions from state DoI if and when they happen.

Guess they could deny but doubt that they will catch that you didn't file for at least 2 years. Just file now and stop worrying. I was in a similar situation to you, FIL fell in 2009 and we moved in 2010, all tax paperwork was lost in move. I did not file until 2012 and my Va license was never suspended

Back