Help during initial appointment

Brandon Sterneker

Greetings,

I’m new to the business and need help asking the right questions, and the proper way to fact find during an initial appointment. Once I’m in the door, small talk is over and it’s time to talk. Where do you start? I hate to sound like I don’t know anything but I really want to get answers that start at the beginning!

Any podcasts, books, or articles are also much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

For $30/month, you can get some GREAT fact-finding / discovery training from the Insurance Pro Shop's online video course. I've been in the business 15 years... and it wasn't until THESE guys taught me how to do a fact-find a few years ago... that I knew how to do a fact-find in a way that was comfortable for me and a quality experience for others that lends itself for referrals.

IPS - Annuity And Life Insurance Sales Systems, Tools, Training, Coaching

They also have a couple of YouTube channels you can check out:

Insurance Pro Shop

Insurance Pro Shop

Insurance Pro Shop has some really good content. If you're determined to stay in this industry, it is worth investing a little money in some good training that will help you. There are also a lot of good videos that go through mock appointments, that have some good tips. @somarco has a great book in the post above, which is well worth the investment.

If your focus is going to be life, I might encourage you to grab some Medicare contracts, as well. Senior health is big business, and it's an easy market to work. You'll get a lot of good life cases out of it, including final expense, single premiums, annuities, child policies. It's a good market to make you examine cases for the right solution, and really learn about all the applications of life insurance, as well as policy types and carrier placements. Not to mention the underwriting!

Greetings,

I’m new to the business and need help asking the right questions, and the proper way to fact find during an initial appointment. Once I’m in the door, small talk is over and it’s time to talk. Where do you start? I hate to sound like I don’t know anything but I really want to get answers that start at the beginning!

Any podcasts, books, or articles are also much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The use of an initial fact finder (very small in scope) is a great way to begin questions... knowing not only what questions but how to ask them is key...

Use a script to start out... not word for word, but a general direction to head in...

The best bang for your buck is to follow a seasoned agent and take a ton of notes...
Then with in the first month, have them follow you and critique your presentation...

You can read and study all you want... but field work where it is...

Back