Help: First Mail Drop. Here's what I'm Contemplating

Mick_Keyou

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm aware of the strategy to focus on rural areas with a low MAPD% for 67+ market...however:

Is it foolish or ok if the market has a low MAPD market, but the zip code/county is pretty populated & near a city?

Am I over thinking this? Is the rural factor huge?

I'm aware of the strategy to focus on rural areas with a low MAPD% for 67+ market...however:

Is it foolish or ok if the market has a low MAPD market, but the zip code/county is pretty populated & near a city?

You should be good. We don't have any big cities around here with a low MA penetration though.

Let us know how many get, set and sell. Yeah the reason you hear rural is because they lack the networks the ma's need but if it's near a city all the better,leads are closer together.

Rural is a huge factor for the simple reason that urban/suburban populations have larger numbers of people in group retiree health plans.

You may run into a lot of retired union members, federal blue cross or there may be a large military base in that county that has a lot of tricare recipients. Much smaller likelihood in rural areas.

This can work. The more you can target your list the better the leads will be. I have seen to many people get responses back however that are not qualified. Know your target market well and get the information in their hands. You may not get as many leads, but will get better leads.

Back