Help for Armed Forces

woolletts

Hi,

I am in the Armed Forces currently serving a 3 year tour in Cyprus with my family. We left our car here (in UK) when we moved so that we still had a vehicle when we visited, rather than hiring a car everytime (rather expensive for a family of 5+). The problem we are now encountering is, with our renewal now due, no one will allow us to insure this car as we are no longer UK residents.

Does anyone know if this is at all possible or are we going to have to go down the route of either temporary insurance cover or transferring the vehicle to a family member to insure on our behalf?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris :nah:

I think we do have agents from the UK on this forum, but very few. It will be tough to find answers to your problem on here. Probably 99+% of the agents on here are from the U.S.

Here in the states, your problem would be easily solved, as many insurance companies are very military friendly toward U.S. soldiers.

But UK is totally different as far as how their auto policies work. And the terminology is very different.

The only help I can offer is to seek out companies in the UK who are military friendly. and also, ask many of your fellow soldiers about advice on where to go. I'm sure many of them have also encountered the same problem.

hopes this helps a little bit. it's about all I can do for you.

Latest posts

Back