Help getting into homes with FE

Hockeynut

Expert
Hello,
I am new to FE sales but have recently done a mailer and have started to receive a few leads back. When I call to set them up for appointments, I am having a difficult time getting in to meet the people. I realize that I may only get into see about 50-60% but am way below that. I'm looking for any good advice to help out when I call to set up the leads.
Thanks

I call the customer and identify who I am and let them know that I have received their response card about the Senior Benefit Plans of America. I verify the information on the card and let them know that I have their free memorial guide book for planning their final expenses. I then try to ask questions to see if they have any type of insurance in place. I ask them if they have any plans in place if something should happen to them. I then may ask several more questions depending on how they respond. Then ask them what would be a good time to meet with them so I can discuss with them with their FE plans.
So far I have 2,000 mailers sent w/13 mailed in so far.

Results
1-nursing home
1-recent heart attack/diabetes
1-hang up
2-have plenty of insurance (one has a $50,000 whole life through work) (the other is a fireman with coverage)
2-would not meet with me. I offered to send info and both accepted. Probably a waste of time but it will give me a chance for a second call.
1-no phone number - will cold call when I am in the area
2-I have not gotten a hold of yet
1-set tomorrow - husband and wife $5,000 each
1-set for Monday - Male for $10,000
1-to call back later in week -Male $3,000 wants to be cremated

So as of now I have only 2 set.
Response to the mailer is .0065%
I hope to have more leads come in.
Thanks

Find "the approach" tapes\cds by Donald Runge, great stuff, other guys on the forum also recommend them

Hello,
I am new to FE sales but have recently done a mailer and have started to receive a few leads back. When I call to set them up for appointments, I am having a difficult time getting in to meet the people. I realize that I may only get into see about 50-60% but am way below that. I'm looking for any good advice to help out when I call to set up the leads.
Thanks

Our most successful final expense agents take the lead card and go straight to the clients door. It is so much easier to blow you away on the telephone. If they will not see you at that point or schedule a later appointment; simply leave them a card, thank them and tell them if they ever need your services to give you a call.

I feel many sales have been lost by using the telephone instead of trying to personally go see the clients. This is why it is important to try to order leads in a close area (zip code).

While there are many agents that make a great living "door knocking". The most effective and efficient way is definitely through scheduling appointments. That always comes back to the leads and number available per week for the agent. If you are only receiving 10 leads a week then I understand the concept of door knocking. But it also can lead to many fruitless hours of not seeing anyone, and is not the most effective use of your time.

Why get 25-30 leads per week (or more), schedule 10-15 appointments and be done with it in a couple of days.

The next question is always about the cost of leads and price per 1000 that is dropped. Why should you pay for the number that is dropped, instead why not pay for leads that you receive. That could translate to a cost per lead that is less than most dialers.

Just a thought.

I call the customer and identify who I am and let them know that I have received their response card about the Senior Benefit Plans of America. I verify the information on the card and let them know that I have their free memorial guide book for planning their final expenses. I then try to ask questions to see if they have any type of insurance in place. I ask them if they have any plans in place if something should happen to them. I then may ask several more questions depending on how they respond. Then ask them what would be a good time to meet with them so I can discuss with them with their FE plans.
So far I have 2,000 mailers sent w/13 mailed in so far.

All I want you to do is to sell the appointment and you coming out to see them. Not the insurance over the phone. You have a free gift for them (whatever that guide thing is that you are offering them) that you want to bring out to them and see if you can help them. Stop there!! Keep it simple.

In other words, you are kind of saying, now do you have any kind of insurance, before I waste my time and come out there, because I'm coming out to your home to sell you something.

You are coming out to their homes to bring them the free gift that they requested. What would be a good time to do so. Stop at that!

I could write all day long about this, but I want you to keep it simple. Don't give them a reason to tell you no. Are you coming out to sell me something or to bring me a free gift that I requested, not knowing that you were trying to sell me something.

If you are coming out to bring me that free gift, then come one. If you are trying to sell me something, then don't waste your time.

50% of the job is getting your foot in the door. Once you get there, then lead into the insurance. Help them fill out that book, and get them thinking about why they need to fill out that book.

Back