Help getting started.....

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm interested in starting a new career selling insurance. I would like to sell mostly health care products but i'm not real interested in going to someones home at dinner time to try and sell them insurance. My question is which company will hire someone with out a license and no experience. I'm in western PA (Pittsburgh) and have posted my resume on careerbuilder. I keep getting emails from United American but everything I read about them here is bad news. Should I go with them to get trained and some experience then cut and run? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I suggest that you see if there are local outfits that look promising. If there are go and talk to their General Agent. Tell them what you are interested in doing and see what they will advise. Someone will be interested in taking you on and you will probably be better off than you would be with one of the outfits who hire anyone who breathes and burns through agents like crazy.

Give an example of "local outfits" and how to find them. Do you mean like local independent agencies?

Back