Help in getting my new P/C agent appointed!!!!

Superior access is not available to Pa agents to my knowledge. We have, however, licensed through a similar program to get Travelers without making a premium committment. The downside to the cluster is that when you become eligible to go direct with Safeco, your contract with the cluster may forbid you to license direct with a carrier they are providing you access to. You would have to analyze the potential loss of renewal income to this type of contract restriction. My knee jerk reaction would be to meet with several other national/regional carriers before committing to giving up a piece of your commissions.In Pa we are seeing many of the major carriers being competitive in PL with the advancement of scoring platforms and they seem to be acquiring an aggressive appetite for market share.

Best of luck to you

In speaking with Superior Access they told me that there was no premium committment; which again is another good reason to do business with no prem requirements. Do you know anybody who has dealt with them? What was their experience?

I've dealt with Superior Access, they behave exactly as they say they will. Now, I'm in California, so I don't know the rules for anywhere else.

They have no problem with you getting appointed directly with a carrier, if the situation permits. In fact, this is why I use them, for access to carriers I don't do enough business with direct to warrant being direct, but still have the occassional need for the market availability.

Dan

I've dealt with Superior Access, they behave exactly as they say they will. Now, I'm in California, so I don't know the rules for anywhere else.

They have no problem with you getting appointed directly with a carrier, if the situation permits. In fact, this is why I use them, for access to carriers I don't do enough business with direct to warrant being direct, but still have the occassional need for the market availability.

Dan

I again thank you for your prompt response. I will call and talk to Monique tomorrow to get setup. Thanks and have a great day....

Back