Help in Getting Released

KINGBICHO

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am asking for help and advice with a situation I'm dealing with an FMO. I have asked for a released from this one FMO over 90 days ago. This FMO specialize in Medicare advantage and supplemental plans. The reason I had asked for my release is that I was not getting any support anymore from them. I feel like I am being held hostage as I cannot continue or move to another FMO for contracting. I have sent their HR department letters and even been amicable on my requests. At this point I don't know what to do and I cannot afford a lawyer. Any advice?

HR dept doesn't mean anything.

Who is the FMO? What are the carriers?

I am asking for help and advice with a situation I'm dealing with an FMO. I have asked for a released from this one FMO over 90 days ago. This FMO specialize in Medicare advantage and supplemental plans. The reason I had asked for my release is that I was not getting any support anymore from them. I feel like I am being held hostage as I cannot continue or move to another FMO for contracting. I have sent their HR department letters and even been amicable on my requests. At this point I don't know what to do and I cannot afford a lawyer. Any advice?

1. Call the insurance companies where you are licensed through the FMO and ask what needs to be done to get you released or your appointment transferred

2. Find the FMO you wish to contract with and see if they have a reciprocal relationship with your current FMO-if they do you won't have any issues with a release, if not see #1 above. You may not need a release if you haven't written business for a company in 6 months.

These have always worked for me...

Sounds like you contracted with AGA. Am I correct?

Rick

No It's not AGA...can't mention names but it's that FMO HQ in San Diego county. I'm contracted with Health Net, Scan, Humana, Citizens Choice, Central Health, Care 1st, Molina, Blue Shield, Anthem. Most of my business was Health Net and I feel they will flip everything once I get my release if ever. I hate this business that FMO keep you hostage, why not go direct saves headaches.

No It's not AGA...can't mention names but it's that FMO HQ in San Diego county. I'm contracted with Health Net, Scan, Humana, Citizens Choice, Central Health, Care 1st, Molina, Blue Shield, Anthem. Most of my business was Health Net and I feel they will flip everything once I get my release if ever. I hate this business that FMO keep you hostage, why not go direct saves headaches.

Personally, I love my FMO. If it weren't for my FMO, I wouldn't get a birthday card.

I have another agent that tried to get a release from them, talked bad about them and whine up getting a cease and desist letter from them. Just trying to ask for help without getting prosecuted.

I have another agent that tried to get a release from them, talked bad about them and whine up getting a cease and desist letter from them. Just trying to ask for help without getting prosecuted.

You won't need a release from Health Net. They have cancelled all contracts through marketing groups and will recontract direct.

Once you've gone 6 months without writing most carriers won't require a release.

If you assigned your commissions then you are phuk'd.

Rick

I'll call the carriers to see what can be done, thanks. Does calling the department of insurance or CMS make a difference?

Back