Help Leaving Symmetry Financial Group SFG!

MLMDEFECTOR -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Good for you, sure you'll LOVE your new home (another IMO???, and if you don't mind saying -- WHO?, for others interested in not drinking any more SFG Kool-Aid)!

You'll be even more pleased with your decision to make that change, keep improving your sales volume elsewhere, but earn much MORE when you hear this -- the SFG Conference in DC/MD just ended; easily well over 3,700 there (majority were !!! NEW !!! based on a show of hands resulting from a Carrier question -- sure he was told to never ask that question again ); and we were all shocked to see a slide early in the General Session showing the top Equity Partners (those at the 110% TOP contract with at least another 110% down line team member) monthly checks were over $550K for March alone! SFG is all about pay being TOP HEAVY while the majority of the thousands of agents they 'churn & burn' regularly, either STRUGGLE (like you did) or QUIT!

Clearly from the applause a lot drank that concentrated Kool-Aid and bought the 'FUTURE 110% $$$ Dream', but didn't realize those receiving monthly pay days like those last month, do so at the 'Newbies' expense (overriding a percentage of the entire company's sales, keeping up to 50% spreads on their baseshops and down lines, while agents routinely pay ALL of the REAL day-to-day expenses for leads/travel/local & national conferences, etc.). No wonder they emphasize so much -- 'recruit', 'recruit' and 'recruit' some more since the turnover is massive!

You definitely made the right decision.

Yes. It’s hard to be profitable!! I have no idea how I stayed in business looking back on it now!

All of my contracts now are with Brad Aden at 360. 6-12 month wait with a lot of carriers because I had either written business with them at SFG or a downline agent did.

I have had friends calling me from symmetry telling me they rolled out a credit repair product at conference—I always looked at credit repair companies as a scam but idk enough about it to make that call. Should be an interesting thing to watch (from the bleachers)

I'm newly licensed as of Fall 2018, went to Symmetry very part-time to figure it all out. A lot of warning signs were popping up for me and completely validated on the Winter Tour thing in March 2019. It was the same story over and over and over again. Long story short- I've never left a company via text message until now. Still getting accustomed to my new landing spot and have completed contracting. Most of my business was with MOO at Symmetry, no problem setting up contracting with them, no 6 month wait. Hope that helps and good luck.

Props to you for getting to an event and not buying in!

Yes. It’s hard to be profitable!! I have no idea how I stayed in business looking back on it now!

All of my contracts now are with Brad Aden at 360. 6-12 month wait with a lot of carriers because I had either written business with them at SFG or a downline agent did.

I have had friends calling me from symmetry telling me they rolled out a credit repair product at conference—I always looked at credit repair companies as a scam but idk enough about it to make that call. Should be an interesting thing to watch (from the bleachers)
Credit experts put credit repair in that category.

So many of the comments are so negative and/or misleading. I’m willing to bet most of the complainers just couldn’t perform and are looking for someone to blame. I guess if reading all this stuff helps people justify placing blame on others so be it.

This forum has been an incredible resource in this decision but after nearly a year and a half, I’ve decided that SFG was paying me like garbage and I’m surprised I lasted as long as I have.

For people curious/considering SFG, I’m leaving because even after working to 85% commission, there is little to no margin because 65% net issued rate is standard on business, A leads are $36 Direct Mail, $15 Telemarketing at my commission level and I’m finding that 50% are actually worked by other agents before I get them and the “bonus leads” are actually $7 resold telemarketing leads that are 5+ weeks old and have already been worked! There is nearly ZERO value of an aged telemarketing lead at SFG especially one that’s already been worked. The “mandatory” national conference is in Washington DC and will likely cost you $2k to get to—which nobody has unless you’re at my level or above (put the investment on your credit card is their advice). Trust me coming from someone who is considered a “Top Producer” it’s not a profitable system period. Building isn’t the answer because anyone who knows how to sell insurance won’t contract for 60% buying their own leads.

It has been impossible to get a copy of any of my contracts or documentation from symmetry so I just wanted to see if anyone here has had any issues leaving Symmetry Financial Group outside of some of my carriers being tied up for 6 months? What do I need to be careful not to do? What carriers will let me dual contract?

I was stuck with SFG for a while also at first. You're right, nobody is going to sell for 60%. As soon as they figure out they're getting ripped off, they're out. That's exactly what happened to me. Contact each carrier directly and ask about dual contracting and wait times before recontracting. Don't try to ask SFG as they will just lie to you. Not that you're able to get ahold of the "real SFG". If you ever did, they'd tell you to contact your upline (who has probably never sold anything).

When you go to another IMO, I wouldn't even mention the name SFG. There are several that have weird legal issues going on where if you even mention their name they can't take you. SFG will sometimes tell you that the carrier requires they wait 6 months but this seems to be a lie also because when I called the carriers they told me it was SFG who was refusing to release me.

SFG is one of the "fool me once" companies.

I would encourage you to spend some time drawing your own conclusion after you review information and base your judgment on that rather than your feelings. I do thank you for your opinion however, best of luck to you
Who are you with? What's the opportunity? Let's hear all the facts so we can draw good conclusions. Good opportunities don't hide in shadows or require secret discussions.

Back