Help Me Rework my Intro Script!

joe90

Expert
uk
Help Me Rework my Intro Script! (pre existing customers - upselling)

Good evening

May I speak to (NAME) please?

Hello (NAME). My name is (NAME) and I’m calling from (COMPANY).

How are you today?

Just to let you know, we record all of our calls for training and quality purposes.

Ok the reason for my call is to say thank you for (being a pre existing customer) and to let you know about a service available to you, called (PRODUCT).

It can (BENEFITS OF PRODUCT).

And currently we’re offering the (PRODUCT) with the (INTRODUCTORY FREE PERIOD) to valued members like you.

Ok so thats my intro script. Obscured for the www, with identifiers taken out.

Looking purely at structure and delivery, i really want to work this baby out, so i can deliver the optimum percentage of customer interest and adhesion, as i take them to the promised land.

I do have to respect regulations and there are some things i cant do. The statement about calls being recorded is legally obligatory. I have to introduce my self and the company - also legally obligatory.

The product and the offer really also need to be mentioned.

Thats its really. I can rework and reword how i like, and as I told you guys before, at no point can i give an opinion on the product.

All your suggestions appreciated.

Im going to take a knife to this and give it a facelift.

Thank you.

Last edited:
No offense intended "joe" but that could possibly be the worst introduction I've ever read with respects to the insurance industry. Everything about it screams "TELEMARKETER". Now please don't take this personally, but I simply find it hard to believe that you suggested that script. Since really this should be a helpful forum, let me approach it from a positive manner.

1. What is your goal? (What product line are you selling)
2. Who is your target Market?
3. WHERE is your target market?
4. What is the purpose of the call? (To sell right then or to get an appointment)

We can start with those before we even get to actual verbiage. Once you have those 4 nailed down then you can start wording.

But I can guarantee that if it is insurance you are selling, treating it as a "product" is the least likely way to get someone to buy it. Insurance agents sell solutions, peace of mind, investment, protection etc. NOT a product.

Good Luck

I would do solution/ addressing a possible pain before I go into product list. Right off the bat you need to have something they need/want

"Ok the reason for my call is to let you know about a service available to you, called (PRODUCT)"

get rid of this completely - your calling to sell not give free advise - engineer the conversation that way.

maybe something like
Good evening

How are you today?

Just to let you know, we record all of our calls for training and quality purpose

"our solutions save customers ____ on their ____. Can we have a conversation to see if can save you _______?

then set an appointment or continue your pitch if they stay on the line

No offense intended "joe" but that could possibly be the worst introduction I've ever read with respects to the insurance industry. Everything about it screams "TELEMARKETER". Now please don't take this personally, but I simply find it hard to believe that you suggested that script. Since really this should be a helpful forum, let me approach it from a positive manner.

1. What is your goal? (What product line are you selling)
2. Who is your target Market?
3. WHERE is your target market?
4. What is the purpose of the call? (To sell right then or to get an appointment)

We can start with those before we even get to actual verbiage. Once you have those 4 nailed down then you can start wording.

But I can guarantee that if it is insurance you are selling, treating it as a "product" is the least likely way to get someone to buy it. Insurance agents sell solutions, peach of mind, investment, protection etc. NOT a product.

Good Luck

Nice.

And its not my design.

Its captive company fodder. Ie we are handed these things and told to say them. We can alter, but it has to be compliant with law. Im not in America and the law is a lady dog here.

Indecently I have sold a lot of life by treating it as a product. But thats not the point. Im not knocking your perspective. I am indebted to your expertise. Oh yeah, and its nice to hear my bosses script is rubbish lol.

I should say for the record, its pre existing customers and not cold calling under the local definition (CC is illegal here.)

1. What is your goal? (personal injury cover) - my goal is an intro that doesnt get the phone put down and carries the customer into the sales call.
2. Who is your target Market? (existing customers)
3. WHERE is your target market? (UK)
4. What is the purpose of the call? (sell right then over the phone, with cancellation rights and free period of insurance. Not allowed to sell on cancellation rights itself though. Have to sell on product benefits. we get to mention free period at start of call.)

My goal here is to look at the wording and the structure of that first page of script and move it around until it does what i want it to, ie get the customer on board for the sales call.

I need to intro, prick the interest with the offer/insurance (i daren't say product), and then tail into the call. Thats it really.

Last edited:
If you SOUND like a telemarketer... you'll be TREATED like a telemarketer.

Good evening

The way to sound more local is to mention the CITY you are calling from, even reference the cross-streets, and the local area code on your caller ID.

"Hello _____? This is DHK, the local (company) rep here in (city)."

How are you today?

Instead ask "Do you have a quick minute to talk?"

Just to let you know, we record all of our calls for training and quality purposes.

Don't make a statement when you can ask a question.

"Is it okay with you that this call is being recorded?"

Ok the reason for my call is to let you know about a service available to you, called (PRODUCT).

It can (BENEFITS OF PRODUCT).

And currently we’re offering the (PRODUCT) with the (INTRODUCTORY FREE PERIOD) to valued members like you.

In another thread, you asked how to build rapport. Here's the secret: YOU don't. Let THEM build the rapport with you by the questions you ask.

Do you think that if you asked more questions, that you would find that useful? (That's a good question to ask others - would you find this useful?)

should of told you guys, its upselling to pre existing customers, not cold calling to generate leads. my bad. sorry guys.

Really appreciate your input. taken notes on every letter you type peeps.

Why would that make a difference?

People are people.

Unless they know YOU... it doesn't matter if they are an existing client or not.

Why would that make a difference?

People are people.

Unless they know YOU... it doesn't matter if they are an existing client or not.

This opening statement does lead to questions. Occasionally customers will baulk at answering questions and giving information, on a call. I had one today. Sold him the highest level policy though. He was atypical though.

So the intro bridges to questions, that can be used to open the customer and get a spark of rapport.

As for the previous thread, cheers for mentioning it. Ive been doing alright. Im not a prolific poster, as you can see from my PPD. Always appreciate the advice though. Im fascinated by american sales culture, btw, so good tidings!

Maybe the best way is to get to the questions as quickly as possible.

Its legal here to tell the customer who we are and why we are calling. Bless America eh! UK is FCA city right now. Advisory calls are banned here.

----------
"Hello _____? This is DHK, the local (company) rep here in (city)."

How are you today?
Instead ask "Do you have a quick minute to talk?"
The way to sound more local is to mention the CITY you are calling from, even reference the cross-streets, and the local area code on your caller ID.

See this I like. Some of this stuff I can use.

I got in trouble for asking prospects if it was a good time to talk, because they might say no. :( This on a call list that we are free to re book.

Back