Help Needed. Low Percentage Campaigns. Nightmare.

joe90

Expert
uk
Weve been shifted on to a low percentage campaign, which is essentially a zombie data nightmare. This is majorly irritating, as I hate low percentage campaigns. The problem for me is there is less sales by definition, which gives you less feedback to get a handle on whats working and what doesnt.

I did alright today but this kind of thing is a nightmare for me, because I like to get a grip on the campaign, by refining whats working, and there is less to go on, when you are dealing with low percentage leads.

Do you guys have a different approach to data, and do you have any tips for dealing with low percentage campaigns.

Honestly, this is not my area, so all advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Whats the problem with the data? Bad #'s? Unqualified Prospects? Called a million times?

its already been called. so essentially these are people who already refused, or that simply werent reachable. one thing is my contacts are quite low, which means i have license to go through more of it, as i do tend to get into calls with people who either cant buy or wont. my conversion is quite high, so its not like i cant close.

the target is comparably low, but thats not a great thing, as its relative. my biggest issue is i tend to intuitively refine my technique, and i gain a lot from the real world feedback of whats working, and whats making sales.

with low percentage campaigns i have less to go on.

on higher percentages, i would tend to go by the book and ride every campaign where it went. on this, i think i need a macro plan, and to look at the data as a whole and break it down into playing the field, rather than donating too much time to false leads. i dont know. this is simply not my area. i need a plan though, i know that.

i feel like i need to make fundamental changes to my game here, because like i said, this is not my area and its no good allowing myself to get lost in this.

Last edited:
Well when you cant define what works define what doesnt and avoid it...

it seems you know what "typically" disqualifies these prospects so its a matter of uncovering it quickly and efficiently so you can move on to someone you have a chance of selling. Nothing worse then spending 20+ min with someone and they are like O I am blah blah blah which completely disqualifies them and your like there goes 20 min wish I knew that at the start.

I have dealt with this before - calling campaigns that were only competitive against certain carriers for example. - erie being of them. I find out someone is with erie I politely end the call. In this case you would think asking what carrier the person is with is something towards the end of the conversation after some rapport is built but having the qualifying question built into your initial pitch will greatly reduce the amount of time wasted during your calls.

We have programs that are super awesome except if you are with erie...

believe me they will let you know right then and there if they should continue the conversation. Dont beat around the bush

With low hit ratio campaigns its even more of a numbers game because you have get rid of the crap to get to the gems.

you can make certain adjustments to the calling list itself which will narrow it down but I would need to know more specifics of what you are facing.

Last edited:
Well when you cant define what works define what doesnt and avoid it...

it seems you know what "typically" disqualifies these prospects so its a matter of uncovering it quickly and efficiently so you can move on to someone you have a chance of selling. Nothing worse then spending 20+ min with someone and they are like O I am blah blah blah which completely disqualifies them and your like there goes 20 min wish I knew that at the start.

I have dealt with this before - calling campaigns that were only competitive against certain carriers for example. - erie being of them. I find out someone is with erie I politely end the call. In this case you would think asking what carrier the person is with is something towards the end of the conversation after some rapport is built but having the qualifying question built into your initial pitch will greatly reduce the amount of time wasted during your calls.

We have programs that are super awesome except if you are with erie...

believe me they will let you know right then and there if they should continue the conversation. Dont beat around the bush

With low hit ratio campaigns its even more of a numbers game because you have get rid of the crap to get to the gems.

you can make certain adjustments to the calling list itself which will narrow it down but I would need to know more specifics of what you are facing.

cheers man. if anyone else has any suggestions im open to your advise here. this is my worst kind of terrain, so i need to get on this quick.

qualifier questions is a good shout. starting with, do you have any current insurance. .. well sir, i can give you a quote, so you can compare it to your existing cover...

foreigners are always good, as i can rely on whoever called them first to mess up the lead.

brief calls, and obviously rude customers are a blessing as they disqualify themselves. the more people i can disqualify the better it goes.

also to give the product more value i can almost lean on qualifying questions, so in effect i am pumping up the value of the product in the prospects mind.

instead of "just to check you are eligible for this"... "not everyone is eligible for this offer"

there are things i can do, but the numbers game is the most promising area of potential. i always run at low contacts per hour, because i get into calls, even with rubbish leads, so i need to pre qualify them and get rid of the rubbish.

i might turn this thread into a running one. my performance on these campaigns have been under par so far, and this area is a weakness, so i really need to find my angles quick here.

lastly i need to really have a solid game when it comes to pre existing cover and the fact they have already been called. these two are going to come up again and again.

i think objection handling on this should be magic bullets. some of these customers have hard objections and will either never buy, or its too much time consumption to try and get them past them. some of these objections could be shot down with the right confident reassurance or approach. if i do this correctly, its time light and still affords the opportunity to blow that one objection out of the water, at the start of the call at least, without getting into 20 questions on a dud lead.

Back