Help on CLOSING BUSINESS

BillyC

Expert
I''ve had trouble closing lately, however this appt i have tomorrow is already weighed against me.

The lady said she will not sign up tomorrow, but i told her, "that's okay, i'lll just present and leave my card". if she wants to sign up with me. THe reason she can't sign up tomorrow is she thinks she needs to contact her broker first. The problem with the broker is that he didn't give her or her spouse any household discount, thus me having the opportunity to save them around $60/mo combined.

Is there any power statements or questions for me to get her to get motivated to switch on her broker?

Because it seems like she really likes her agent even though i think he did her a disservice.

I''ve had trouble closing lately, however this appt i have tomorrow is already weighed against me.

The lady said she will not sign up tomorrow, but i told her, "that's okay, i'lll just present and leave my card". if she wants to sign up with me. THe reason she can't sign up tomorrow is she thinks she needs to contact her broker first. The problem with the broker is that he didn't give her or her spouse any household discount, thus me having the opportunity to save them around $60/mo combined.

Is there any power statements or questions for me to get her to get motivated to switch on her broker?

Because it seems like she really likes her agent even though i think he did her a disservice.

Sounds like a waste of time to me. You may get lucky but you will have less headaches dealing with people that are willing to switch. I wouldn't go out of my way for that appointment.

I'm in agreeance with SAI. It would be a better use of your time to prospect vs. this appointment.

You can't close them all but you should be using conversational indicators as to the level of interest the prospect has and allocate your time, energy and effort accordingly.

Horse to water comes to mind.

He could have given you the HH discount but didn't because he wanted to make more comission and this

is the guy you want to contact?

The previous posts are right. Sounds like a dog, but since you scheduled, go anyway. Make sure that both her and her spouse is there and compare with their existing. Make sure that you understand their concerns first and how the current product is fulfilling those concerns. Then show them what you got, and how it will save them money. Not to many can ignore saving 60%.

I would speak candid with her, "It is no secret I make a commission on the premium you pay. The more you pay, the higher my commission. Your existing agent has no motivation to lower your premium".

I would speak candid with her, "It is no secret I make a commission on the premium you pay. The more you pay, the higher my commission. Your existing agent has no motivation to lower your premium".

This ^^^^

In addition, you always want to try and get a commitment BEFORE you go on the appointment. Since you've scheduled it, I would go ahead and go. Be kind. Use the statement DS4 shared. Make sure and explain that all Med Supps are the same as long as you are comparing the same plan letter.

What you want to do is plant a seed of doubt. But in all likelihood, if they like their current agent, he's either going to write them the plan you recommended or attempt to shoot down your plan because of (insert reason).

I don't do in home appointments but I just closed one just like that. I explained hey you can call him but obviously he has his own interest in mind while I am here now trying to help you.

Also you mentioned about having trouble closing as of late, Sounds like you may be falling into a rut, It happens but a lack of confidence can keep you there,

Try and remember you are helping people. And you are saving them money.When you feel good about what you do it comes across

When you say "broker", are you talking about an investment broker?

If so, just tell them that you are convinced that he iness with him. But at the same time Mr/Mrs Jones, I specialize in the senior market whereas he specializes in investments. As you can see by the fact that he didn't give you the discount that is yours to have, he probably doesn't have time to keep up with all of the changes that come about.

So, the bottom line Mr/Mrs. Jones, let's use him for your investment where he is clearly qualified and use me for your health and life insurance, which is where I shine.

That's the real truth of what is going on here.

Back