Help on CLOSING BUSINESS

The lady said she will not sign up tomorrow, but i told her, "that's okay, i'lll just present and leave my card"

You never established credibility with this woman, then you failed to get a commitment from her. Seeing her may make you feel like you have accomplished something but if you get a sale out of this I would be surprised.

THe reason she can't sign up tomorrow is she thinks she needs to contact her broker first. The problem with the broker is that he didn't give her or her spouse any household discount, thus me having the opportunity to save them around $60/mo combined.

Good news is you got her to open up and give you her current rate and plan but you missed an opportunity to create a wedge between her and her broker.

"I can certainly understand your wanting to talk to the person that sold you that plan. Loyalty is good. So, why do you think that agent failed to offer you the lowest premium on that plan?"

Is there any power statements or questions for me to get her to get motivated to switch on her broker?

Power phrases are BS.

You cannot motivate a buyer. Motivation comes from within them. Until you find a way to get them to understand the problem, and look for a solution, you will continue to stumble.

Telling is not selling.

Learn to ask questions that lead your prospect to start down the buying path. Ask questions that make them realize they really didn't understand why they are buying, and more specifically, why they should buy from you.

One way to do this is to earn their trust by taking a glass pockets approach. Let them know you have nothing to hide.

Since you are selling F2F create a sense of anticipation in setting the appointment. I use CSG for all my presentations. The difference is, I never meet the prospect. Everything is handled by phone, but you can do the same.

"Most agents will only show you one or two plans. Makes you wonder if they have something to hide, doesn't it?"

"I hope to earn your trust. When we meet I will show you rates for all plans that meet your needs and budget. How does that sound?".

Buy this book. Read it and apply it to every step of the process.

Secrets of Question Based Selling.

Back