Help picking a health share (or insurance) -- need expert advice!?

Daniel J Topolski

This is a question for all you agents out there ---

I am a member of MediShare right now.
We recently had a week long hospital stay, five ER visits, etc - the bill was $70,000+
MediShare covered and paid everything except our ADA (deductible) which was $3750.
Worked great. I would highly recommend them!

But they are raising prices and I have to switch - I also want more things like office visits, wellness exams, etc and they don't offer any of that until you meet your deductible (ADA). So I am trying to decide between OneShare, Solidarity Healthshare, Altrua, or just a basic Anthem Blue Cross plan.

---

OneShare has best benefits (3 fully paid office visits, 1 urgent care paid, 1 wellness visit per year, and 1 ER visit - all paid in full). But then the deductible for any other services (hospital, MRI, CAT scan, surgery, disease, etc is $10K. Then they pay in full after that - so it's basically a catastrophic plan with some office visits, etc thrown in. $211 a month.

Solidarity says we just have to pay the first $500 (that is our deductible) - then everything else is covered at 100%. Seems great BUT I heard they pay slow - 1-3 months. $199 a month

Altrua sounds great but my insurance agent said people are flocking away because of slow paying and bad customer service. So not going to consider that one. Also heard Liberty Healthshare pays horribly slow so staying away from that.

Anthem Blue Cross (we all know them). You pay a bunch per month, pay some copays, and still pay even more when the bill arrives until you reach deductible. They you still have to pay some till you reach $6000 and finally they cover everything - hopefully. But it's real insurance and probably best option is something crazy happened. $240 a month

ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT TO DO?!
I AM HEALTHY, 38 YEARS OLD, MALE - never had a stitch or been to ER or hospital or anything - no pre-existings. Maybe see doctor twice a year for minor stuff like prescription refills, aches and pains, flu, etc.

I AM HEALTHY, 38 YEARS OLD, MALE - never had a stitch or been to ER or hospital or anything - no pre-existings. Maybe see doctor twice a year for minor stuff like prescription refills, aches and pains, flu, etc.

You are healthy now. What are the odds you will stay that way?

Go with Anthem.

The other options are crap.

I just lost the ability to do ANTHEM.

I asked my boss if I could sign up (they cover half) and they said they can't afford it right now. Boo.

So now my choices are all health shares because I can't afford regular insurance - max budget is $240 a month.

OneShare?
MediShare?
Solidarity?

Any other ideas folks?

I heard UNITED has a combo of products:
Health ProtectorGuard - PREMIUM PLUS - COST $172
Brochure - https://www.uhone.com/FileHandler.ashx?FileName=45173-G201812.pdf

Back