Help!.. Rate my IMO List of Carriers

jboussea

Guru
100+ Post Club
Out of the roster below.. who would you say are some stars in various aspects of Life insurance.. Obviously I'd like to focus on a select few.. I think I have a good idea of who to go to for FInal Expense .. but not sure about the rest

American Continental
American Equity
American General Life Ins Co
American National
Americo Financial Life and annuity
Assured Life Ins Co.
Baltimore Life
Banner Life
Cigna
Columbian Life
Delaware Life
Foresters
Forethought
Genworth
Great Western Ins
Heartland National
Integrity Life Insurance
Lincold Financial
Medico Corp Life
Medico Ins Co
Minnesota Life INs Co
Mutual of Omaha
National Western Life INs
Northa American CO for Life and Health
Protective Life Ins
Royal Neighbors of America
Sentinel Security Life ins
Transamerica Maroon Family
Transamerica premier Life INs

Out of the roster below.. who would you say are some stars in various aspects of Life insurance.. Obviously I'd like to focus on a select few.. I think I have a good idea of who to go to for FInal Expense .. but not sure about the rest

American Continental
American Equity
American General Life Ins Co
American National - IUL and Term
Americo Financial Life and annuity
Assurity Life Ins Co. - if this is Assurity, then yes: DI, CI, Term, and a decent WL (Never heard of Assured Life)
Baltimore Life
Banner Life
Cigna
Columbian Life
Delaware Life
Foresters
Forethought
Genworth
Great Western Ins
Heartland National
Integrity Life Insurance
Lincoln Financial - Heard good things about their IUL in the past, but I'm not current on them.
Medico Corp Life
Medico Ins Co
Minnesota Life INs Co - IUL & perhaps their WL?
Mutual of Omaha - similar to Assurity with their term. Just came out with an IUL, but opinions on the board are not favorable.
National Western Life INs
North American CO for Life and Health - IUL - similar to Midland National (Sammons Company)
Protective Life Ins
Royal Neighbors of America
Sentinel Security Life ins
Transamerica Maroon Family
Transamerica premier Life INs

My opinions are there next to the bolded type. I'm assuming that you're going to be focusing on term and IUL?

If I were to rank them, I'd put Minnesota Life & North American at the top of the list, followed by Lincoln and ANICO. Then, I'd pick Assurity over Mutual of Omaha in this list.

Others may have other opinions. Gotta study these out for yourself and come up with some conclusions as well.

great . THanks DHK .. hopefully others find more gems... I need more options of WL ..

im really looking for some good WL options... not just IUL and term...

what are some great carriers for whole life who are not on this list ..

also.. how would you rate the illustration softwares of the ones in bold?

Last edited:
Out of the roster below.. who would you say are some stars in various aspects of Life insurance.. Obviously I'd like to focus on a select few.. I think I have a good idea of who to go to for FInal Expense .. but not sure about the rest American Continental American Equity American General Life Ins Co American National Americo Financial Life and annuity Assured Life Ins Co. Baltimore Life Banner Life Cigna Columbian Life Delaware Life Foresters Forethought Genworth Great Western Ins Heartland National Integrity Life Insurance Lincold Financial Medico Corp Life Medico Ins Co Minnesota Life INs Co Mutual of Omaha National Western Life INs Northa American CO for Life and Health Protective Life Ins Royal Neighbors of America Sentinel Security Life ins Transamerica Maroon Family Transamerica premier Life INs

If you are looking for traditional life or term with good conversion options I'd look at Ohio National, LaFayette Life and Guardian.

If you are looking for traditional life or term with good conversion options I'd look at Ohio National, LaFayette Life and Guardian.

Thanks.. I heard good things about Ohio National

The website in your signature... is that for Final expense only?

Thanks.. I heard good things about Ohio National The website in your signature... is that for Final expense only?

Yes, we train agents for FE only. Of the three I mentioned you can get a LaFayette contract through us (much better than a direct contract) but Ohio National and Guardian you have to go direct or through one of their regional GAs.

Yes, we train agents for FE only. Of the three I mentioned you can get a LaFayette contract through us (much better than a direct contract) but Ohio National and Guardian you have to go direct or through one of their regional GAs.

Is Guardian now allowing its life products to be brokered? And what is LaFayette Life? Never heard of it. Where can I find rates/quotes?

Is Guardian now allowing its life products to be brokered? And what is LaFayette Life? Never heard of it. Where can I find rates/quotes?

LaFayette is owned by a Western-Southern. They used to have an FE product that had unbeatable rates but tight underwriting. That product still exists but the rates are mid pack now. But they have 5-fully underwritten whole-life products that pay dividends. They will go all the way down to $5,000 face on a fully underwritten WL that pays dividends. Not an everyday product but my personal favorite when I need a non FE whole-life.

Pays higher commission than some of the other WL choices too. And 97 Comdex rating doesn't hurt if you are battling one of the high rated mutuals on a big case.

Is Guardian now allowing its life products to be brokered?

Guardian has allowed their life product to be brokered for at least the past 8 years if not more. Just contact the regional office closest to you.

----------

great . THanks DHK .. hopefully others find more gems... I need more options of WL ..

im really looking for some good WL options... not just IUL and term...

what are some great carriers for whole life who are not on this list ..

also.. how would you rate the illustration softwares of the ones in bold?

You have no real good WL options on that list. But most good WL carriers are direct contracts and not IMO contracts.

You need Mass, Penn Mutual, Guardian, or Ohio National for WL. Followed by Assurity.

Lincoln Financial is one of the best carriers on that list. For the 50+ crowd they are more than excellent from a UW point of view. Solid carrier with fantastic customer service and agent support. One of the best IULs on the market, strong term, strong GUL, strong SIUL, strong UL, and strong LTCI Hybrid. One of my favorite carriers to do business with.

North American has very strong Term rates for health people and strong IUL/GUL. Customer/Agent Service has gone to sh*t over there though.

Assurity is strong all around. Great DI especially.

Protective has great Term rates and is a strong carrier thats is easy to work with.

AG has strong Term.

Can I sell the other products even though you only train FE?

----------

Guardian has allowed their life product to be brokered for at least the past 8 years if not more. Just contact the regional office closest to you.

----------

You have no real good WL options on that list. But most good WL carriers are direct contracts and not IMO contracts.

You need Mass, Penn Mutual, Guardian, or Ohio National for WL. Followed by Assurity.

Lincoln Financial is one of the best carriers on that list. For the 50+ crowd they are more than excellent from a UW point of view. Solid carrier with fantastic customer service and agent support. One of the best IULs on the market, strong term, strong GUL, strong SIUL, strong UL, and strong LTCI Hybrid. One of my favorite carriers to do business with.

North American has very strong Term rates for health people and strong IUL/GUL. Customer/Agent Service has gone to sh*t over there though.

Assurity is strong all around. Great DI especially.

Protective has great Term rates and is a strong carrier thats is easy to work with.

AG has strong Term.

Great insight thanks for the advice..I appreciate it

Back