Help: Trying to start a new Insurance Agency in Florida

cooljay

Hi Everyone,
Pretty green so be kind. My wife is an insurance agent and currently trying to get her 220 license. We want to start a new agency and need advice as to which direction to go. She has worked with a Brightway agency for the last 2 years selling Property and Auto mainly.
Is a franchise like Brightway, Great Florida, All; State, State Farm etc a good choice. i know there is always a franchise fee but for a new agency they will provide the startup support needed.

Should we start a independent agency? But how will we get appointments with the insurance companies? i believe it is very difficult to get registered with an established insurance company since they need experience?

Should i go with Clusters such as Insurance noodle, Insure zone, etc OR Wholesalers?

Need to know the difference between clusters and wholesalers also, remember i am GREEN :eek:

Any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!!

discussed a lot... search function on the forum is your best friend.
clusters you buy into.. contract etc... Wholesalers you can use on a risk by risk basis no volume commitments.

Lets say your a Farmers guy and they decline to quote. You would not be able to go join a cluster for that one risk so you would go to a wholesaler.

Last edited:
Back