Help!! Value of These Leads?

Jennys Chips

Hi guys,

I was recently introduced to someone who is shutting down their lead company. This individual has a bunch of old "mortgage protection" leads. I have a couple of agents that have expressed interest in trying out insurance telesales.

I am considering purchasing out this guy's inventory but I have zero clue to the value of these leads.

Each lead is essentially a letter that was sent out to a homeowner. The letter talks about life insurance, death benefit, disability benefit, etc. There is an area at the bottom for the consumer to fill out their contact info, birthday, and 3-4 general medical questions.

I know that these leads will have been worked over quite a bit. But I have been told by a few people that if worked correctly there could still be some business to pick up.

45-90 days old. (500ct)
90-120 days old. (1500ct)
150-360 days old. (2000ct)

• Can anyone give me an idea of what a fair price would be for this scenario?
  • Any thoughts on cost per lead for each of the 3 categories?
  • If we have some success are there any companies that anyone could recommend that would be able to provide these types of leads in the future?
If I am wasting my time trying this out please let me know as well. We have been able to build a strong business with traditional kneecap to kneecap presentations. However the idea of an insurance telesales environment has always fascinated me.

Thanks for any and all feedback!! :yes:

Kindest Regards,

Jenn

Not much. Very few are recent, most of the inventory you listed is up to a year old which is probably a waste of time unless you are getting these free or near free - even then, possible waste of time.

You can't technically legally call the leads 90+ plus old FYI since you said telesales.

Last edited:
Not much. Very few are recent, most of the inventory you listed is up to a year old which is probably a waste of time unless you are getting these free or near free - even then, possible waste of time.

You can't technically legally call the leads 90+ plus old FYI since you said telesales.

Ahh. Thats very good to know. Thanks!!

Jenn

Back