HELP! Want to Sell QUALITY Individual Health Insurance from Home

honestabe

Greetings!

I am a QUALITY, experienced and proven independent licensed life agent with a fully functioning (and professional) home office looking to EXPAND back into health insurance sales. My health license is active.

My need is for a QUALITY company who needs Agents like me to sell their product FROM HOME. I would rather not sell health insurance at all than have to leave home to do so. That said, I have ambitious income goals, and believe that selling individual health insurance would be a great part of my business.

Any recos?

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions you may have.

Best,

"Honest Abe"

First off all, I don't trust anyone with "honest" in their name.:twitchy:

However, you don't need a company, you need a GA that has a variety of products and will offer you decent commissions.

While I am not familiar at all with Delaware, for most states I recommend Health Choice One - Health Insurance, Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Denver, Colorado. Ask for Scott and mention I sent ya. (Since I'm in CA, I do virtually nothing with them but maybe I'll get brownie points).

What you need to be certain of is that whomever you sign with you received a guarantee of a release upon request.

If you really want to get involved with heatlh insurance, you might look into ObamaCare. I hear it will be the best thing since bailing out GM.

Good luck.

Rick

Health from home is pretty easy. I get the sense there is another question that you really wanted to ask. Are you not pursuing life anymore?

In your mind, define quality company. When it comes to healthcare, there aren't that many options, you've heard of the big names in your area. Usually when you haven't heard of them you have to start worrying about quality.

Besides, lets face it, even Blue Cross has some bad plans, some good plans, plans that work for some, not others, etc. It's the nature of the beast. Is Blue Cross a quality company? People will argue both ways.

Dan

Why not get your own GA contract and produce your own leads. You can still sell from home. Anthem and UHC will be enough ammunition to close most deals.

Your goal really shouldn't be to look for one good health insurance company to represent it should be to look for one good independent health insurance agency to affiliate with so that you can work with many different health insurance companies.

Probably 10-15 different lead sources. He turns them off and on, uses special filters, etc.

Would you mind expanding on the lead generator information? What are some sites he uses to generate leads, etc.? I'm in Nebraska and am looking to go as an independent health ins. agent. I am currently appointed with a GA that doesn't take any cut of my commission and I'm appointed (through them) with every major health carrier in Nebraska...BCBS, UHC, Coventy, Humana, Assurant, American Community, and I'm probably missing a couple others.

With this particular GA I'm able to generate one census (for group) and they will compile the quotes from all carriers on one spreadsheet and in a printable format to present to my client. My thing is I need a viable lead source to start taking advantage of this feature. I head Agent Insider by Insweb is starting health insurance leads but I need to learn of some others both for individual and group.

Any input would but much appreciated.

Thanks,

KJ

Re: HELP! Want to Sell QUALITY Individual Health Insurance from

I am primariliy looking to add BC/BS to the list of products I sell as I just became indy, but I always open to listening to other opptys.

Is this because you want pissed-off potential clients who want to wait eight weeks for underwriting, only to be rated up 25-50% for a hangnail?

Re: HELP! Want to Sell QUALITY Individual Health Insurance from

Is this because you want pissed-off potential clients who want to wait eight weeks for underwriting, only to be rated up 25-50% for a hangnail?

Well, I am surprised that this comment about BC/BS was delayed from you, as someone else mentioned they were interested in selling their products in this thread.

Nonetheless, are you telling me that this is the norm for BC/BS ? I know their rates for Med Supp Plan F increased from 211 to 238 for Cen Florida this year and I rec'd a few calls from some unhappy people, but my wife's Aetna Inv Health plan increased twice over the last two years and I would assume that is somewhat expected.

So, moonlight, do you offer BC/BS as a product just for those that have a strong affiliation for it and do not care if they pay more for it or do you turn that customer away ?

I'm not being a smart-alec, just want to learn to be smarter..

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.:biggrin:

Back