HELP! Want to Sell QUALITY Individual Health Insurance from Home

Re: HELP! Want to Sell QUALITY Individual Health Insurance from

Nonetheless, are you telling me that this is the norm for BC/BS?

In Florida, yes I am. Slow underwriting, horrendous service, etc. Their marketshare in IFP has been slipping over the last few years.

So, moonlight, do you offer BC/BS as a product just for those that have a strong affiliation for it and do not care if they pay more for it or do you turn that customer away?

Neither.

I educate them relative to better choices, and 99.99% of the time, they listen.

The rest I don't worry about.

btw-Why would anyone buy a Plan F Med Supp - unless their doc doesn't take assignment? What percentage of docs in Central Florida (are you in Orlando?) don't?

In Florida, yes I am. Slow underwriting, horrendous service, etc. Their marketshare in IFP has been slipping over the last few years.

Neither.

I educate them relative to better choices, and 99.99% of the time, they listen.

The rest I don't worry about.

Thanks for this advice, not sure what the acceptance level was and I think I can even live with a 5% - 10% drop off.

btw-Why would anyone buy a Plan F Med Supp - unless their doc doesn't take assignment? What percentage of docs in Central Florida (are you in Orlando?) don't?

???? - :nah:I guess I am confused here. No, I am in Volusia and all clients I have met with have docs will bill for the 20% balance. I have not heard any doc accepting the 80% medicare assigned fee as payment in full. The patient is still responsible for the remaining 20%.
Please note, "all docs" is relative to my massive 5 months of experience...
If I am mistaken, please advise.

Last edited:

Not accepting Medicare Assignment as payment in full, doesn't mean that the Dr will not accept Medicare and the supplements (20%) payments. It means that he can charge upto (15% maximun)above the Medicare allowable charge. The Plan F Supp will pick that 15% up.

Last edited:

Hi all I was asking can someone give me advice on setting up a home office, marketing and advertising ideas. I am new to home office set up, but not insurance. Thanks so such in advance and I look forward to all responses. Have a great day.

Back