Help with a cancellation Fax

gstker

As some of you know I am getting my P & C agency off the ground. I just started writing business last week. I will be sending off some client cancellation fax's to their previous carriers this week. Can someone please let me know the information that you put on your faxes to cancel service with a previous carrier of your clients? Thank you

James

I have faxed plenty of these forms in the past and have had problems. There are some agencies that receive these faxes and the form seems to get lost in their fax in box and then disappears forever.

Your best bet is to provide the form to the client, have them sign it and call the agent directly. You can always provide the fax machine.

That way you don't get in the middle of "My old agent said you never faxed it to him". "Now I have you bank drafting my account and them bank drafting and I have bounced several check". (what a nightmare)

I have run into some agents that will receive a fax from another agency and disregard it because they never got a call from the client.

Try this link I'm not sure if it is exact I just googled it

ACORD Forms - ACCORD Forms - Insurance Agency Management Integrated with ACORD Forms

The new insurance companies usually also provide that form (a letter) in their new business packet. Many agencies, and companies, though, are requesting the new dec page to show proof of new coverage prior to cancelling.

Many agencies, and companies, though, are requesting the new dec page to show proof of new coverage prior to cancelling.​

Isn't that funny. The signed accord form is not enough, they just "have to see" who is kicking their ass. In our state the client only needs to provide a signed request not the dec page from the new carrier !​

Back